Chapter 15: Bonding

Today was a new day. I woke up at my usual time feeling as refreshed as ever and decided to do my usual routine. Morning training, assisting the villagers, making lunch, and a bit of afternoon training as well.

Currently, I was gathering my arrows as I sang a small tune for motivation. "🎵I'll keep practicing to use my arrows. My friends are coming back, so I got to get better~🎵 Alright, I'm ready to go!" Just as I was about to leave I heard a familiar voice calling for me.

"Lady Kagami!" I turned around to see an out-of-breath Kazuto.

"Kazuto?" His hair was messy and his clothes were disheveled. I could tell he just woke up not too long ago. "Are you sure you're well enough to be moving around?"

"Oh yes, I feel fine thanks to yours and Lady Kaede's care." He said, nodding reassuringly.

I smiled, glad that he was doing better. "Well, that's good. Did you need something?"

He shifted around nervously as his meeker side appeared. "I was wondering if you could show me around the village?"

"Show you around?"

"Mhm since I'm here anyway I was planning on staying for a few days." He explained.

"Oh of course then! But first, you should get ready." I said pointing at his clothes.

Kazuto looked down at his appearance and immediately ran off in embarrassment. I chuckled to myself, finding his careless behavior entertaining. I can just do my target practice later.

-Mini time skip-
.
.
.
Our first stop was the main part of the village. I showed him the locations of the shops just in case he needed anything. It was still early so the only ones up were the working men.

"Good morning everyone!" I greeted. Kazuto was shying away behind me. Guess he's not the social type.

"Hey Kagami, a fine day we're having!" One of the men said.

"Indeed it is." The rest of the villagers continued greeting us as we made our way to the next destination.

"Here we have the fields where the villagers grow crops," I said turning to face him. Kazuto wasn't saying much but I could tell from the way his eyes lit up he was interested.

"Lady Kagami! Hard at work again I see." One of the working men called out.

"Yup! Gotta get the experience in!" I said, determined. We decided to keep walking all the way into the forest.

I took a small glance in Kazuto's direction. It's pretty awkward when he's all quiet like that. I wonder what he's thinking. Luckily he finally decided to break the silence. "The villagers really like you."

"Well, I like to help out around the village whenever I can. It's fun interacting with everyone!" I exclaimed. I picked up the pace once I found the place I was looking for.

"Here we have the Bone-Eater's Well," I said leaning against one of the sides.

Kazuto leaned over the edge staring down into the well. "So it gobbles up bones?" He asked curiously.

I guess. It's also the gateway between two worlds. "Assuming from the name yes. How? I have no idea." My mind wandered as an image of a well with teeth devouring bones appeared. Cool.

The last place of interest I wanted to take him to was the giant tree. We both were currently staring up at the massive tree as I said everything that I knew.

"This is the Tree of Ages. All I know is that it's huge." I said matter of factly. It was dumb but I can't say that 'Hey one of my friends was sealed here for fifty years. Crazy right?'