Chapter 30: Capture

3rd person pov

"Are you ready?"

"Ready whenever you are."

It was still night out as everyone was still asleep except for Inuyasha and Kagami. Currently, they were in a small forest clearing standing away from each other. Inuyasha drew his Tetsusaiga and aimed it at the girl in front of him. He focused his demonic energy into the sword until it turned blood red.

Kagami placed her hands into a prayer as her necklace was wrapped around them. Sacred beads hear my prayers.

A barrier formed over her figure as she signaled for Inuyasha to go. He gave a nod before running at her. "Here I come. Tetsusaiga!"

Once the sword collided it was met with immediate resistance. "Ugh." Kagami groaned as she tried to prevent Inuyasha's demonic energy from breaking through.

The two were at a stalemate until Inuyasha could no longer push against her barrier and was soon knocked back. "Huh? Argh!"

"Inuyasha...!" Kagami quickly released the barrier to check on him but soon started feeling the aftereffects of overusing her spiritual powers.

Inuyasha got up and rushed towards her. He managed to catch her in his arms before she could hit the ground. "Kagami! Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a little light-headed." She mumbled, still catching her breath.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you so much."

Kagami only smiled, appreciating his concern. "It's okay, I don't regret doing this with you. Besides, it helps me out as well."

Surprisingly Inuyasha also smiled as he was proud at how much she was improving. Your barriers have gotten sturdier. You managed to push me back this time."

"Yeah. If only I didn't feel so crappy afterward."

"Give it some time, you're still getting the hang of your spiritual powers."

Kagami frowned as she stared down at her necklace in thought. "I guess. I just don't get why this always happens."

Inuyasha looked away for a moment before changing the subject. "Don't dwell on it too much. Let's head back so you can get some rest." He said while helping her up. He raised an eyebrow when Kagami hadn't let go of his arm. "What's the matter?"

"I don't think I can walk." She mumbled, refusing to make eye contact. If he saw her face now he'd catch on to her scheme. 'Operation: Getting carried by your crush.'

"You're hopeless."

"Whose fault do you think that is? Take responsibility." Inuyasha pouted as he picked her up in his arms. Kagami hid away on his shoulder so he wouldn't see the dumb grin she had. Neither said a word as he carried her back to the hut. 

Kagami's pov

After our little early morning training session, I stayed inside cuddled up with Shippo and Kirara dozing away. Sango went out with her Hiraikotsu to train while Miroku followed after her. Inuyasha went off somewhere. Since it was the third day, I assume he went to go get Kagome.

After my nap, I woke up feeling rather irritated. I felt like I was forgetting something again and it has been this way since Kagome left. Guess I could go on my usual walk. I looked through my backpack for some clothes to change into and pulled out my school uniform.

As I was putting my uniform on the nostalgia started to kick in. I really miss the modern times. Without any thought, I left the hut and started walking towards the Bone-Eaters Well. I longingly stared down inside wanting to jump in. Hoping that maybe the gate between the two worlds would open for me again.