Chapter 12: Departure

-Dreamland-

'Where am I?' I took a look around to take in my surroundings. I was standing in front of a large wooden gate leading into a lively village. I couldn't move my limbs suggesting once again I had no control over the body I was in.

'Why am I standing here?' My question was answered when I heard light footsteps approaching me. My gaze automatically went up to see who they belonged. I immediately recognized them from the familiar red hakama and the cute dog ears on top of their head.

"Inuyasha welcome back!" I heard myself greet happily. My smile dropped when he didn't respond right away. I took some time to inspect his appearance. His body was littered with cuts and blood splotches. He kept his gaze to the ground almost scared to make eye contact.

I felt my body move subconsciously on its own towards him. "Inuyasha what's wrong?"

"I...lost it." I heard him mutter. His voice was uncharacteristically soft and filled with guilt. 'What did he lose that has upset him this much?'

"Pardon?" I asked, wanting clarification on what he lost.

He remained quiet for a moment before taking a deep breath and continuing. "The charm..."

'All of this over a charm?' Internally I was very much confused by his behavior. "We can talk about it later. Right now let me treat your wounds."

Inuyasha frowned and crossed his arms in a defiant stance. "Don't need it, they're just scratches." He stated.

There he goes being stubborn again. Still, I can't help but find that trait of his amusing. "Say that again when you're not drenched in your own blood," I said, lightly chuckling at his behavior.

"Hmph."

My body moved closer to him before offering a hand. "Come now before your wounds get infected." Inuyasha doesn't say a word as he reluctantly takes my hand and walks with me into the village.

I was able to examine the area as my body continued to its destination. The villagers were lively and the shops were littered with fresh goods. It was a warm and welcoming atmosphere that was comforting. I looked forward to where the main trail was leading to end up stunned at the sight. It was a massive Japanese-styled castle that was surrounded by another gated entrance slightly smaller than the main one for the village. It was safe to say whoever owned this place was living the high life.

We entered the establishment and walked for a few minutes until my body stopped and entered a large bedroom. Inuyasha was quickly made to sit on the bed and thus began the healing process.

Strangely enough, I was not using any bandages or medicine to treat his injuries. A gentle green light was emitting from my hands onto his body. It was warm and comforting like a campfire.

However, the air was tense as we sat in silence. I couldn't say anything to help since I have no control over my movements or speech at the time. Luckily it wasn't long until I finally spoke to him. "So mind telling me what happened?"

"A demon was too close to the village so we fought and I killed it. I didn't think that the bastard brought some friends along." Inuyasha muttered with an annoyed frown.

"Did you lose?" I asked, referring to the injuries he sustained.

Inuyasha couldn't help but growl with a bitter expression feeling slightly insulted by the question despite knowing how much she liked to mess with him. "I came back to you, didn't I? Don't take me for a weakling." He spat.