Chapter 10: Warmth and Comfort

I fell onto the bottom of the well with a loud thud. Unfortunately, I landed on my bad arm and crumpled up in pain. Ow, ow, ow! Did he have to push me in?! Man, that hurt. I looked around a bit to notice the bones under me. Weren't these here before I left? Did I even make it through? My question was answered once I heard arguing above me.

"Inuyasha, sit boy!" Yup, that was Kagome. I heard Inuyasha once again faceplant into the ground.

"What the hell was that for Kagome?!" He yelled extremely pissed. Kagome looked down at him with irritation as she began to scold him. "Why did you push her?!"

"Get off my back will ya! I just gave her an encouraging shove." Inuyasha said getting up, dusting himself off.

"That was encouraging?! She could've gotten hurt!" Kagome barked back extremely upset.

I was currently checking the condition of my shoulder as they continued to bicker. I winced feeling the pain come back. Great leave it to chance to screw me over. It doesn't seem to be broken, so that's good. I looked up listening to them still going at each other's throats. Do they ever stop arguing? I kind of feel bad for the others. I thought deadpanning to myself.

"Hmph, she'll be fine back in your time." I heard him say with a huff. I guess that's my cue to speak. "Um, guys?" I shouted, getting their attention. I saw Kagome look down into the well with a puzzled look. "Kagami?"

"Huh?" Inuyasha copied her movements looking down into the well in disbelief. He then jumped in and landed in front of me looking upset. "Why the hell did you come back?!" I scratched the back of my head. "I didn't come back, more like I couldn't go back, heh," I said awkwardly.

"What!?!" He said looking even more stunned than before. I frowned feeling hurt at his reaction. Does my presence here bother him this much?

"Hold on," Inuyasha grabs ahold of my waist, jumping out of the well effortlessly. "Thank you." I should've been able to go back through the well like Kagome, so why didn't it work?
.
.
.
~Mini time skip back to the hut~

"Ye can't go back through the well?" Kaede asked stunned as well. I was sitting between Kagome and Sango, petting Kirara to calm my nerves. "No, nothing happened at all when I went in," I said, still confused by it all.

"This is only a mere thought, but you may have significance in this era much similar to Kagome. Something here may be keeping ye stuck here." Kaede suspected.

"So you're saying that until Kagami finds what is keeping her in this era, she can't go back home?" Miroku concluded.

"Ay, I'm afraid so," Kaede confirmed. My body froze as slight dread filled my thoughts. Seriously, who knows how long that will take! "Is there really no other way?" I asked nervously.

"I'm afraid not, child. None of us know what is keeping you from going through the well. Your first task is to find out what it is that's preventing you from going back to your era," She stated.

I directed my focus towards the ground, upset and slightly frustrated. "I see..." I can't go home then.

I felt a hand gently hold my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. I didn't need to look to know who it belonged to.  "It will be alright Kagami. We will do everything we can to get you back home." Kagome said reassuringly.

I sighed raising my head to look at her. "I know. There's no use being upset. All I can do now is find another way." Moping around won't get me anywhere, but still, it sucks...I stood up from my spot on the floor and walked to the entrance. "If you don't mind, I want to be alone," I said glancing at everyone before walking out.