Chapter 13: Cloaked Stranger

"There, how's that feel?"

"Much better thanks to you." Said the man I was treating. Yesterday we all came back from slaying some demons that were causing trouble in the area. We all got out okay but there were some mishaps here and there.

Another villager that went with us came stumbling by. "Hey, Kagami can you check on my wounds next? My leg is sore." He said.

I tilted my head, eyeing him curiously. "You seem to be walking just fine though."

"Haha try again when you have a better excuse." The man next to me called out.

"Hey!" I chuckled at the men's behavior, entertained by their antics.

Just then I heard footsteps and a familiar voice approaching. "Settle down now boys. Give Kagami a break."

"Oh Lady Kaede, Good morning!" I greeted. The men around me greeted her as well before scurrying off to their duties.

"Morning Kagami, up early again today. Are ye sure ye are getting enough rest?" She asked, slightly concerned.

"Mhm, you don't need to worry. I always run on full energy!" I said confidently.

"Ay, ye are quite the active child. Just try not to overdo it." She warned.

"Yes ma'am." I was always an early waker and liked to keep myself busy. However, I didn't want to worry her too much. Kaede was like a grandmother to me. "Is there anything you need me to do today? I'll make sure to take a break afterward."

Kaede contemplated before deciding to take my offer. "Do you mind collecting some medicinal herbs for me? After yesterday we're quite low on them."

"Of course, leave it to me!" I ran off to grab a basket before making my way into the forest. It didn't take long for me to find an open area filled with them.

"Ah, here's a good spot!" I sat down and began picking and cleaning the herbs for Kaede.

It's been over a week since my friends' departure. Every day I spent time practicing my aim with the arrow. Sometimes I would help out in the village and run errands for people. Other times I go out with Kaede to learn about herbs for medicines. Over the days, there were a few things I learned about myself.
.
.
.
~Flashback~

3rd person pov

"My what a strange arrow," Kaede commented. She was currently showing Kagami how to use a sacred arrow.

Kagami dropped her stance and looked at Kaede in confusion. "Strange how?"

"I have never seen a green light from a sacred arrow before." She explained. Usually, when a priestess shot a sacred arrow it would have a pinkish glow to it.

"Am I doing something wrong then?" Kagami asked worried that she wouldn't be able to make any progress.

"Not quite. Try again for me."

Kagami nods before correcting her posture and shooting again. Kaede walked up to the second arrow and examined it. "How peculiar. Do you see that?"

Kagami jogged over to get a closer look as well. It was faint but there seemed to be smoke lightly coming off of the arrow. "Is that smoke?" She asked.

Kaede took hold of the arrow and pulled it out of the tree. "It appears so. The arrow is warm as well."

Kagami hummed crossing her arms more confused than ever. "Does that mean I'm setting these on fire or something?" Though if that's the case why didn't the tree catch fire? She thought.

"How peculiar," Kaede murmured unsure of the arrow's abilities. However, this mystery was solved much later on.

-a different day-