Chapter 3: Meeting Kagome

"Mmm so loud..." I mumbled as the sound rang loudly through my ears. It was finally Monday, meaning that today is my first day of school. "Okay, okay I'm up so please be quiet now." I said turning off my alarm. I sat up, stretching my limbs.

First day of school huh. I'm kinda excited. I wonder if I can make any friends. I thought as I got up to take a quick shower and prepare breakfast for myself.

-Mini timeskip-

"All done!" I yelled flamboyantly. I was checking myself out in the mirror after putting on the uniform. "Not half bad if I say so myself. Though the skirt is kinda short." I murmured tugging on the skirt a bit. I wish my brother could see me, though I could imagine how it'd turn out. I took a moment to go over the interaction in my head.

(Imagination)

"My little sister is growing up." He cried dramatically.

"Did you pack everything? Your lunch? Books? Supplies?!"

"WHO THE HELL MADE THESE SKIRTS!?! IF ANY BOYS TRY ANYTHING, CALL ME AND I'LL TAKE CARE OF THEM MYSELF!!!"

(Imagination over)

"Yea, maybe it was good that he wasn't here today." Seeing him go into 'Parent Mode' is pretty scary. I breathed out relieved. I took a quick look at the time. "I shouldn't get too distracted or I'll be late for my first day." With that in mind, I headed out and walked to school.

-Mini time skip to the school building-

Okay, maybe I'm a bit nervous. I thought, wandering in the halls trying to look for my class. People are staring, is there something off? Am I wearing the uniform wrong or is it my hair? I was feeling self conscious and started to doubt myself. What if nobody likes me? No, no it's okay just be yourself and you'll be fine. I tried to encourage myself as I got closer to my destination.

Kagome's pov

"Alright everyone, as you know there will be a new transfer student joining our class as of today. Be nice and welcome them with open arms." The teacher said.

After that announcement, the students erupted with whisper comments wondering what the new student is like.

"Is it a girl?"

"How hot are they?"

"I hope they're nice."

"I'm excited, aren't you Kagome?" Ayumi said.

"Why would I?" I mean a new student coming mid-semester is kinda surprising, so I guess it is a big deal. I thought.

"Oooh, I hope it's a mega hunk." Eri said with a dreamy look.

"Who's strong and has a nice personality." Ayumi added.

"And knows how to treat a lady." Yuka finished.

"Guys calm down, we're not even sure if they are a boy." I said, trying to calm down her daydreaming friends.

The teacher clears his throat, getting the classes' attention. "Settle down now everyone and let's introduce our new student. Alright, you can come in."

Everyone turns to the door anxious to see who the new student may be. As the door opened, a short girl with long jet black hair and big hazel-colored eyes walked through flawlessly.

Wait I know that girl she's-

"Kagome isn't that the girl you bumped into yesterday?!" Yuka whispered.

"Yeah, she is, what a coincidence." I said while staring at the familiar girl.

"I guess getting alone with the new kid won't be so hard now that you've met her." Eri whispered.