Chapter 11: Decisions

I awoke the next day to only Kagome left in the hut. I assumed everyone else went off to do their own thing before their leave tomorrow. I took this chance to talk to Kagome about my plan.

Kagome noticed my movements and turned to me with a warm smile. "Afternoon Kagami. You slept in pretty late."

"Good afternoon. I guess my body still needed time to rest." I said, stifling a yawn.

"I wouldn't blame you. I would still be out like a light." She said.

We both shared a quick laugh before going back to the peaceful atmosphere we had. I glanced over to Kagome noticing her reorganizing her stuff in her bag. I stared at a few scraps of paper she had in her hands with her textbooks. "Hey Kagome, can I ask a favor?"

"Yeah sure, what do you need?" She responded, having a tough time fitting her books into the already stuffed bag.

I asked Kagome for a piece of paper and pen to share my idea of writing a letter to my brother, to let him know I'm alright.

"That's a great idea." She takes two sheets of paper out of my hands. One with the letter and the other with my address. "So you want me to deliver it to him?"

I nodded. "Mhm, I was hoping every time we came back to the village, I could write to him."

"That's good to keep him from worrying, but do you think he'll believe me?" She asked in slight concern.

"Well, he doesn't have much of a choice since I'm stuck here. If he's suspicious then all you have to do is show him the well. You're the only proof that this place is real." I said matter of factly.

Kagome and I got up and headed to the well. She sat on the ledge before turning back to me. "Is there anything else I should know before going?"

I thought for a moment to recall anything about my brother that might be challenging for her. "Uh, Haku can be a little intimidating, but he's really sweet once he opens up to you."

Kagome gave a nod after processing the information. "Alright, I'll be back in a bit."

Before she jumped in, I quickly grabbed her sleeve to get her attention one last time. "Thank you, Kagome. I appreciate this."

"Of course Kagami, this is the least I can do. See you soon." I watched Kagome jump into the well and disappear, something I was slightly envious of.

I continued to stare down into the well deep in thought wondering if Kagome can handle it on her own. She should be able to get through to Haku for the most part, but he can be stubborn when it comes to me. "I hope she'll be okay."

"Don't worry about her. Kagome can handle it." I turned around at the sudden voice to see Inuyasha walking towards me.

"Inuyasha? What are you doing here?" I asked, giving him a confused look.

"Came to see how things were going." He huffed, crossing his arms.

I tilted my head. Was he worried about something? I glanced at the well remembering that he can go through it as well. I turned back, giving him a look of suspicion. "Hmmm..." He probably came to wait for Kagome.

"What's with the look?" Inuyasha said while frowning at my less than pleasant look.

"Nothing, I'mma head back now. Have fun." I said walking past him.

"Huh? Why are you leaving all of a sudden?" He questioned, surprised by my sudden change in attitude.

I paused my movements turning back to him. "I thought you wanted to wait for Kagome."