Chapter 33: Wish Maker

(A/N: Hey guy sorry for the long wait. I'm excited to say I got my first job! Working these couple of weeks has been a lot of fun and I'm pretty happy with it so far but it does mean that updates will take longer. Don't worry I do plan to finish this story no matter what. Anyway I hope you all enjoy this chapter cuz it was a treat to write. Thanks for your patience! Author out✌️)

3rd person pov

Kagami said nothing else as she stood there in shock. Wishes? Reincarnation? Ah but our names are the same unlike Kagome and Kikyo. There was so many questions that needed answering she hardly knew where to start. "So Mr. Fox, you're telling me that I have some power that can grant people's wishes?" She stammered.

"Pretty much."

The fox was taken aback when the girl suddenly sat in front of him with star-filled eyes, smiling like a kid in a candystore. "Awesome! So I'm like a genie! Hey, hey tell me more! Do I have a three wish limitation? Are there restrictions to what wishes I can grant? Oh do I get a cool magical lamp-"

"Alright love i'mma have to ask you to turn it down a notch." He said using one of his tails to shush her.

The girl chuckled as she moved back, bashfully scratching the back of her head. "Oh sorry, I got a little excited."

"A little is an understatement." He said slightly deadpanning.

"Heh but are you sure I still have these powers? I mean besides my spiritual powers I feel pretty much like a normal girl." She asked.

"Yes you should. That power was bestowed upon your bloodline by a goddess. It's passed down by having offspring and usually the first born is burdened with becoming a priestess." He explained.

"First born?" Kagami tilted her head more confused then ever. "But in my family I'm the second child."

"Well you're a special case. Because you died without having children you maintained that power within your soul. Thus you were given a second chance at life."

So is that why I was reincarnated? Amazing! I have to know more! Kagami's smiled widened as she was determined to understand her origins and her purpose in this era. Wait then why did Inuyasha want to keep this from me?

"Hey fox, why did-huh?" Kagami felt a slight ache in her chest as the half-demon crossed her mind. Inuyasha...did something happen to them?

The fox raised an eyebrow at the girl as she sliently got up and walked away. He soon understood when he realized she was heading to the entrance. "Oh I see. You know I wouldn't waste my breath on that dog. Afterall once he's done with your little friends, no one will come for you."

Kagami look down at the demon with a small smile no longer bother by his taunting. "Hah they're a lot more dependable than you think. I believe in my friends and I believe in Inuyasha. He will find me."

The fox pouted once he realized he couldn't rile her up anymore. He was rather irritated by her blind trust in those people and they were mostly mortals no less. "Are you sure you should rely on those weak humans? They may be your friends now but who knows when they'll betray you once they learn your little secret."

Instead of getting upset, Kagami only furrowed her brows in wonder at the fox's change in attitude. Why would he assume such a thing? "They would never."

He frowned, displeased. "You don't know that."

"Neither do you Mr. Fox"

The two stared each other down waiting for the other to say something. When nothing else was said Kagami turned around facing the door. "I'm leaving."