Chapter 6: Dreams to Reality

"AHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed off the top of my lungs as the cloud of fog jumped into the well. The area around us completely changed, almost as if we were floating in space. Ah, where the hell is this thing taking me?! Is there even a bottom to this place? Please be okay, Kagome. I thought, closing my eyes in fear.

I noticed we were floating closer to a light up ahead. The monster jumped out of the well and started to take shape. All I saw was a clearing and trees surrounding the entire area. Okay, where are we? Don't tell me I've been isekai'd or something?! I haven't even died yet! I thought with dread.

"Hahaha, I may have missed the jewel shards, but I found something even better! You girl, possesses the sacred blood of the priestess." The demon shouted in a victorious tone. What is he on about? Priestess? Sacred blood? "You seem different from before, but you are definitely the woman who kill my brother." I struggled more in his grip, "You're not making any sense!"

"If I consume your soul, my wish will be granted." This demon is crazy! I noticed that its grip loosen a bit, so I tried digging through my pockets. "Pathetic girl, do you think you can escape from me?!" It laughed in a cocky tone as its grip around me tightened. I can't breathe!

"Ac-actually I do think I have a good chance of escaping." I managed to get my arm out before its grip tightened. "TAKE THIS!!!" I yelled, throwing my cell phone at one of its eyes. Bullseye!

"AH YOU WRENCH!!!" The ogre demon shouted in pain, letting me go in the process. "Waaah!" I hit the ground harshly on my bottom. Oof, that's going to hurt for a while. I thought, rubbing my sore behind. Alright enough complaining and more running. While the demon was still rubbing its eye, I ran away from it as fast as I could. "Wretch! You think I'll let you get away!?!" It shouted angrily. "Well you did a good job letting me go so yea." I said mocking the enraged demon. A bad idea? Yes. Do I care? Not really. The orge demon had enough and chased after me.
.
.
.
3rd person pov

In the village, there was a group of people in a hut waiting for the arrival of their time-travelling friend.

"Inuyasha, when is Kagome coming back? I miss her." Shippo said, playing with one of his spinning tops in boredom. Inuyasha was sitting up against the wall with his Tetsusaiga in his folded arms. "Quit whining." He said, frowning in annoyance.

Sango looked up at the ceiling in thought while petting Kirara. "She's been gone for almost six days now."

"Kagome said to give her a week in her era. She should be coming back today." Miroku reminded, casually sipping a cup of green tea.

This scent...

"What is it, Inuyasha?" Miroku asked in slight concern. However Inuyasha doesn't respond, far too distracted with his own thoughts.

This scent of blood...It can't be! Inuyasha immediately got up and took off to where the smell of blood was.

There's no way she could be here. But what if it is her? His mind reminisced to a moment they shared in the past.

"I wholeheartedly believe that I'll come back to you no matter what form I should take."

He stopped on a branch to pinpoint the scent. Kagami...

"No matter the years that pass, the red strings of fate will connect us together again."

This time I will save you!
.
.
.
Okay this is so not fair! I ran as fast as my short legs could go, the demon was quickly catching up to me. Curse you demon and your long legs! "Waaaah!" I took cover as it slashed the area horizontally, cutting down all the trees in its path. This is bad! "Somebody, please help me!" I desperately shouted hoping anyone would hear my cries of help.

"Take this woman!" The demon slashed its claws my way in a vertical direction. "Ah!" I yelled out in pain as I fell to the ground. One of the attacks managed to cut my left shoulder pretty deep.

"Got you now girl. Your soul is mine." No,no,no! I don't want to die! I have to keep moving. Please body, don't give up on me now. I was determined to stay alive. The adrenaline kicked in as my legs pushed me forward into another sprint. I refuse for things to end this way!

I ran for what felt like hours, the demon was basically playing with its food at this point. I was still determined to find help, but that hope slowly went away as my legs gave out. Another blast was sent my way causing my body to jut forward into a tree. Ack-my back!

It can't end this way. I just got reunited with my brother again and I finally made friends at school. My life was starting to look up, so I can't die here! "There you are, girl. Have you finally given up? Damn there's so much wasted blood everywhere." The orge said, annoyed.

The blood won't stop pouring out and my body hurts all over. The demon made its way to my weakened body. "It doesn't matter as long as I can consume your body." I don't understand, what's so special about a schoolgirl like me? Ah, I'm getting sleepy...

"Don't move, I'll make this quick." The orge said, preparing its final attack. Don't move? I can hardly breathe straight. I thought, deadpanning. Haku, I'm sorry but I won't be coming home. I closed my eyes accepting my faith, feeling the exhaustion catch up with me.

"YOUR SOUL IS MINE!!!" The demon yelled, about to end my life. "TETSUSAIGA!!!" Another voice yelled from a distance. That voice sounds familiar somehow... with the last bit of my energy, I opened my eyes once more to see the orge's arm chopped off. Huh?

"If you think I'll let you lay another hand on her then you got another thing coming! Raaah!" The man shouted, using his claws to tear the demon apart limb from limb. "That'll teach you." He said, wiping his hands clean.

Now that I think about it, this situation seems oddly familiar to the dream I had last night. The man had long silver hair that reached a little past his back and beautiful golden amber eyes. On top of his head were those all too familiar dog-eyes I grew to love in my dreams. He wore an all red hakama and purple beads that I haven't seen before.

He turned around to look at me, concern and worry filled his eyes. I knew it had to be him. The man from my dreams stood before me and all I could say before passing out was one word. "Inuyasha..."

(A/n: sorry for updating so late, college been so busy lately, but I haven't abandoned this story yet. Please be patient with me and I hope you all are enjoying the story so far. I'm excited to finally start the feudal era stuff. Some parts may still need some editing, but I really wanted to get this out. I'll come back later to fix anything.)