Chapter 19: The Journey Begins

The sun shined down on the world with its comforting warmth. The birds were chirping and the atmosphere was peaceful overall. I stretched as I stared over the horizon watching nature be its all-beautiful self. I grinned, taking a deep breath before shouting. "Adventure time!"

"Kagami, don't go running off by yourself!" I heard Inuyasha call out behind me.

"I can't help it! Everything has been so intense lately. Can't a girl have a bit of fun?" I said skipping along without a care in the world.

It's been a few days since our departure from the village, and let me tell you, it's been crazy. I got to meet who Koga was, though the circumstances could've been better. This woman named Kagura tried to set him and Inuyasha up to kill each other, but luckily we got to stop her before it was too late.

3rd person pov

"Stupid, didn't I tell you we're not here to mess around!"

Kagami turned around still keeping the energetic hop to her step as she opened her arms wide. "But Inuyasha, we finally have a break for once. I mean just take the time and look at the scenery. Isn't it amazing?" She said, smiling brightly.

"It's just a bunch of open land. Nothing special about it." He grumbled, shrugging nonchalantly.

Kagami frowned crossing her arms. "Of course, it isn't special to someone who lives outside." She mumbled turning away.

"What was that?" He asked as a tick mark appeared on his head.

"Nothing." Kagami chuckled. Her eyes caught patches of flowers coating the hill they were walking by. "Oh, look there!" She said running off towards them.

"Damn it, didn't I tell you not to run off!" Inuyasha shouted, not far behind.

Shippo sat on Miroku's shoulder as he stared at the two in wonder. "Is it just me or does Inuyasha seem more lively than usual?"

"Well, it's not that surprising considering how energetic Kagami is. She keeps him on his toes." Miroku concluded.

"Was she always like this Kagome?" Sango asked.

Kagome hummed in thought as she watched Kagami run around with Inuyasha yelling at her. "Well I've only known her for a short time, but from our interactions, she has always been rather hyperactive."

"I see," Sango said.

"I think it's a nice change of pace. The positive energy is very much welcomed." Miroku stated as he enjoyed the girl's happy-go-lucky behavior.

"Yeah compared to Inuyasha's grumpy attitude." Shippo mocked.

"What was that Shippo?!" Inuyasha shouted up ahead.

"What happened here?" Sango asked. He was holding Kagami by the back of her hakui as she dangled in his hand.

"This idiot was tryna run off to the fields and almost fell." He groaned, lightly tugging her collar.

"Hehe sorry." She chuckled rubbing the back of her neck.

Inuyasha sighed in irritation as he placed the girl back on the ground. "That's why I told you not to run around. Damn klutz."

"Geez, I said I was sorry, besides aren't you the one who should be resting? You're hurt after all."Kagami asked referring to the injury he sustained in his fight with Koga.

"Bah, these are just flesh wounds." He huffed, brushing off her concerns.

Kagami frowned and decided to continue her shenanigans much to Inuyasha's displeasure as the group continued their travels in search of a place to rest for the night. By the next day, everyone set out to continue searching for the jewel shards.