Chapter 42: Journey Through Memory Lane Part 1

3rd person pov

Running endlessly without a moment to rest was all that he did. An entire day has passed since he left the village and he wasn't going back until he found what he was looking for.

On his shoulder was Myoga who was hanging on for dear life as he tried to combat the winds from Inuyasha's speed. "Master Inuyasha please slow down! Where are you even going?!"

"Isn't it obvious? I have to make that medicine." He said, disregarding his pleas.

"Wait you don't mean-but you can't! What if Master Aisho and Master Kazuto are there?!"

Inuyasha remained undeterred as he kept up his pace. "No one's going to get in my way."

"Master..."

After running for what felt like hours, the half-demon stopped in front of two large wooden gates as he stared up at them in nostalgia.

There it was, new and uninhabited, Negaimoto Village. The place where it all began. The place where the half-demon once called home. Back then he thought of nothing else but to gain power as fast as possible. Until one fateful encounter with a woman who tamed his cold heart.

Let's travel back in time. Back to when they first met.
.
.
.
Rumor has it that there was a place where your wishes could be granted. Some called it a hoax while others desperately wanted to believe it was real. However, only those who are fortunate enough may find the place where their wishes lie.

This did not go unknown to the demon world either as they had their own rumors to spread. They say that if one devours the wish-granting being, their powers would become one with their soul, granting them powers beyond belief.

Tales spread and people searched but those who sought weren't lucky enough to find the place where the Wish Maker, as they titled them, resided. All but a select few whose fates intertwined...

There in the treetops was a half-demon who had his eyes etched on a village in the distance. He had heard of the rumors going around about the Wish Maker and wanted to seek them out for himself.

"This place is way out here. Not a neighboring village in sight." He noted, seeing how isolated the village was. "Heh, he must be here then."

By the time he got to the village border, night time already came and with it the New Moon. The half-demon groaned now in his human form as he decided to climb up a tree and rest against its bark. I'll just spend the night here until the new moon passes.

As the man was about to fall asleep he was surprised by the sound of rushing water nearby. He let his curiosity guide him to where the sound was coming from and it led him to a small reservoir behind what he thought was the main castle of the village.

There standing away from him was a maiden barely clothed as she absentmindedly washed away the filth that tainted her delicate-looking flesh.

Inuyasha jolted back with flushed cheeks not expecting the sight before him. He tried to leave as quickly and quietly as possible before the girl could notice however he was far too late.

"Hello up there. How long are you going to watch me?" She asked.

Inuyasha was taken aback as he stared at her in surprise. She noticed me?

The girl looked up at him and their eyes finally met. Her eyes were tired and almost sad looking if it wasn't for the cold glare she was sending his way.

"If you won't come down, I'll help you out."

"Huh? WAah!" Inuyasha hardly had time to react as he was hit in the head with a small pebble. He fell backward, landing in the water below. "What the hell was that for?!"