Chapter 45: Severed Bond

Kagami's pov

Another day had passed and once again Inuyasha didn't come back. I haven't seen him since I fainted and it was honestly starting to bug me. "Has anyone seen Inuyasha around?"

"No, I can't say I have," Sango responded as she took a sip of her tea.

"He's been going off on his own a lot recently," Miroku noted.

I frowned, staring down at my lap as my heart ached. It was like he was avoiding me. But why? Did I do something wrong? Inuyasha...I really want to see you again. I knew I wouldn't be able to get him off my mind if it continued this way, so I had to find him myself.

Shippo was the first to come to my side as he looked up at me with a worried expression. "Kagami, you shouldn't be moving around too much."

I leaned down to give his head a comforting pat as I gave him a reassuring smile. "I'll be okay Shippo. I'm feeling much better compared to before."

"Even so..."

"I just want to get some fresh air," I said, already making my way to the door.

Sango shared a similar look of concern but remained seated. "Do you want one of us to go with you?"

I shook my head. "No, I want to be alone if that's okay. I'll be back later."

3rd person pov

They watched as Kagami left in a tense silence. "Where do you think she's going?" Sango asked, specifically looking over to Miroku.

"My guess is to wherever Inuyasha is." He replied, rather calmly. They all knew. Inuyasha was avoiding her for some reason and Kagami's feelings were as clear as day. This was the confrontation they were worried about. How would Inuyasha handle this?

Where have you gone? Why can't you face me? Kagami's thoughts were a mess as she somberly walked to the Bone-Eater's Well. She kneeled over the well as she stared down into the darkness. Are you in the present? Did you go someplace I can't reach? Inuyasha please...let me see you.

As if her prayers were answered, she heard footsteps stop behind her and a familiar voice she grew to love. "Kagami, what are you doing out here?"

Kagami turned around as she gazed at his figure in longing. Somehow, he seemed even more beautiful in her eyes. "Inuyasha..."

Inuyasha sent her a disapproving frown. He was less than pleased to see her out on her own. "Go back to the hut and rest. You shouldn't be moving around yet-" The half-demon was taken aback when he felt her arms wrap around his waist.

"Please don't be mad. I wanted to see you." She admitted as she buried her head into his chest. Inuyasha sighed as he wrapped his arms around her smaller frame. It was too late to go back now. He had to face her.

Kagami pulled away to look at him properly as she sent him a bright smile. "I'm so sorry for worrying you Inuyasha. Thank you, for everything you've done for me. "

Inuyasha looked away as he tried to keep the redness of his cheeks from showing. "I wasn't worried at all."

The girl quietly chuckled to herself knowing full well that Inuyasha was just trying to keep up his tough guy act. She started getting a little nervous as she thought about what they had to discuss. The enormous elephant in the room as they say.