Chapter 29: Time Together

Kagami's pov

It was early morning the next day when I woke up. I looked around to see Sango, Shippo, and Kirara still here sleeping. Inuyasha probably slept outside, which leaves one person...

"Where did Miroku go?" I asked, mumbling to myself. I decided to wait on my morning walk to look for him instead. Knowing him, there's only one thing he could be doing...

It didn't take long until there were voices up ahead that confirmed my suspicion. "Hm, your palm suggests that you will bear lots of children. Preferably my children." There was a group of women surrounding him as once again Miroku was up to his perverted ways.

"Oh, you naughty Monk!"

"That's the same fortune you gave to me."

"Oh, Monk, won't you do mine?"

Why am I even surprised at this point? I sighed, feeling bad for Sango who was blissfully unaware in her sleep. Well, might as well stop him before she wakes up. I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. "Miroku, what are you doing?"

Miroku stiffened as he turned around in mild fear before relaxing once he realized it was me. "Oh Kagami, good morning! What are you doing out here?"

I deadpanned at him with crossed arms. "To look for you. You weren't there when I woke up, so here I am." The villagers nearby took the statement out of context and started giving Miroku dirty looks.

"Is that his woman?"

"What a disgraceful man."

"Poor girl, I feel sorry for her."

Miroku was sweating bullets, as I could practically see him racking his brain for a good excuse. "She's not my lover. She's my...sister. Yes, my little sister."

"What?! But Miroku-mmph!" Before I could protest, he placed a hand over my mouth to silence me.

"My apologies, but I must take my leave. Let's go, my dear sister." He said while dragging me away against my will.

Miroku took me to a more secluded place where no one could hear us. Once he stopped, I wriggled out of his hold and smacked his hand away. "Mmmph! Let go, will you!"

"Sorry about that, Kagami. I had to protect my reputation." He said.

"What, that you're a flirting pervert?" I asked while glaring at him.

"This is surprising." I raised an eyebrow as he leaned down close to my face. "Were you jealous?"

"As if! I just wish you were more considerate of other people's feelings! Especially Sango's." I yelled, lashing out at him.

During our journey, there have been many women Miroku has flirted with who were willing to bear his children. Of course, Sango always stopped him, but it genuinely makes me wonder if he would do it if given the chance. "Miroku, what if a woman one day said yes to you?"

However, instead of answering, he took my hands into his, preparing to say his famous one-liner. "Kagami, would you consider-"

"No, and I meant hypothetically!" I said, snatching my hands away.

He dropped the flirtatious act and lightly chuckled at my reaction. "I know. I was just kidding."

Honestly, can't he be serious for once? "Would you really leave us to settle down?"

Miroku hummed as he stared at his right hand in thought. "I don't think I would unless it's my only option. I want to give it my all in destroying Naraku once and for all. I will not settle down until I break this curse. Furthermore, I do not want my children to deal with the burden of the Wind Tunnel."