Also another extra

This is a one shot that I wrote earlier this year just for fun and still didn't complete it but here you go. Enjoy😁
••
Ama sat, leaning forwards with her hands holding her head up. The soft rythmic thumping of her feet and the low hum of the tv fell on deaf ears as her anxious mind raced.

She contemplated standing and pacing the living room but decided against it. It would make the anxiety worse. It's best to wait while sitting. Her teeth bit into the hard keratin of her nail.

Fuck.

She swore as she stood. Her hands quickly rubbed the legs of her jeans, trying to wipe away the saliva from her fingers as she mentally berated herself for the bad habit she'd failed to get rid of for years. If her mum knew, she'd be turning in her grave.

Sitting was worse than standing and now she knew. She paced the living room and put her arms around herself to stop from biting her nails.
The booming voice of Samuel l Jackson's scared her making her jump. She paused, eyeing the tv in contempt; standing there for a few seconds, she contemplated switching it but finally decided on reducing the volume. She needed something to play in the background to ease her anxiety.

She heard the soft jingle of the keys before his footsteps. Ama turned to the door, eyes wide with fear and a racing mind. It seemed like a thousand years passed before she heard the loud click of the door opening and A soft sigh of relief made its way out between her lips when she saw the familiar leather jacket and black jeans. She realized that she was stupid to be scared, her boyfriend, Ayo, was the only one apart from her with the keys to the apartment.

A dark pair of brown eyes zeroed at her figure, "why are you standing in the dark?"

She snapped out of it and looked around the small room and finally at the clock, 8:44 ; the apartment was dark and there was no light coming from the window.
Her pupils dilated to adjust to the sudden light after he suddenly flipped the switch as she tried to block the light with her arm.

"I-I-um-I didn't realize..."
she trailed off and fiddled with the stray, loose thread of her oversized sweater while fidgeting at the awkward air suffocating the room.

He stood there, staring at her, only the soft buzzing of the tv accompanying the awkward air between them.

The same over sized sweater she slept in the last night he was here. Check.

Unkempt, messy bed hair. Check.

The wierd smell coming from her and the apartment. Check.

A greasy looking face. Check.

He tore his eyes from her figure and stretched his neck to look into the kitchen. He cringed at the pile of unwashed dishes and pots in the sink. Same like he left it. Everything was still as he left it two days ago.

His eyes met hers once again, her eyes looked dead. The white nylon bag made a sound as he held it up and  jiggled it.

"Food", he simply said and made his way to the small dining table that could seat two. The chair groaned as he pulled it back and rested his full weight on it.

"Switch on the fan, it's really stuffy", he craned his neck at her figure as he spoke. His fingers moved, tearing at the white nylon; they paused, hovering over the white takeaway plate for a moment before they also tore through the flimsy plastic, exposing the spicy chicken wings beneath.

Sweat slid down the side of his face as his molars tore into the chicken; his tongue burned at the spiciness and he stood. He leaned over the medium sized fridge as he opened it and scanned it. The beer looked like the better choice and he picked it, kicking the fridge shut with his right foot, he looked for the bottle opener.

He grunted when he couldn't find it and settled for using his teeth, he hesitated for a while with the head of the bottle cap between his jaw; he'd just been to the dentist and couldn't risk another expensive appointment but fuck it, he needed the beer and his mouth was on fire.