chapter 5

•••

•••

I wipe my tears as I go up the stairs. He's moved on with a mate and two children and another one on the way while I'm here crying my heart out for him.

Stupid Odetta.

I glance around and I realize that I'm lost. I try to remember what this part of the castle is called or how to get back.

"Good Job Odetta, now you're lost", I murmur to myself and sit on the window still in one of the hallway's wide window.

I struggle not to cry as I bite my lip and swallow the lump in my throat. He made me his last priority and now he has the perfect life. I could have been carrying his child. I could've been the one glowing because of my pregnancy. I could've been the one smiling as people congratulate me. I almost cry out when a someone taps me lightly.

"Fuck." I swear and press my hand to my chest but it's only a little boy.

He looks at me sheepishly and tries to hold back his giggle at my reaction and I smile, "Hi buddy, what are you doing here in this big castle all alone?"

He then pouts, "My daddy is an alpha and he had to go but he left me with a big man and I don't like the big man, he's a meanie."

"What's your daddy's name?"

"I don't know. I call him daddy but people call him alfa Lyrell." He says with a smug air about him. He must be proud of his father.

I realize who his father is. Alpha Casper Lyall. I have never interacted with him but I've seen him in the past. A man with a scary glare, doesn't talk much, tall, big, and only loves his son. His mate died a few years ago.

"Now what's your name? I'm odetta" I say as I stand and pick him up. I balance him on my hip as I start walking to find the west wing.

"I'm Javier but daddy calls me Javi."

He looked nothing like his father if I remember correctly. Maybe he carries his mother's features with his black hair and green eyes.

"How old are you?" I ask to keep the conversation going.

"I turned five. Aren't I big boy?" He says with so much pride and I can't help but giggle.

"Of course you're a big boy. Bigger than all those alpha down there." I reply and he gives me a smug smile.

I see an elderly help, Mrs.Jane, and I scurry over to her "Good evening Jane. We're lost could you direct me to the west wing—" She cuts me off.

"Dear, why aren't you at the party and who's this handsome young man?"

"I just have a slight headache so i retired early and this is alpha Casper's son so if anyone is looking for him, they should be informed that he's with me"

"Yes Miss Odetta. Would you like food sent up?" She questions.

"Are you hungry?" I ask Javier and he nods eagerly.