chapter 24

•••

•••

After watching finding nemo with Javier, we decide to call it a night. He begged me to spend the with him so here I am, laying in bed next to Javier in his room.

"Javier?"

"Hmm." I can tell he's about to sleep.

"Do you—can you really control fire?"

He sits up immediately, "you know?"

I nod and he looks around the room wide eyed before looking at me terrified, "I can't say anything. Daddy said not to."

"It's okay, I understand that it's not something that you can just talk about."

He puts a finger to my lips to shush me, "They are here." He looks around his room. Who's they. "You'll stay the night?"

My heart immediately starts beating faster and I don't know why I suddenly felt scared, "How about we sleep in my room this night."

He nods wide eyed and I pick him up before leaving his room and going to my room. I lock the door after I enter my room.

"Are you okay Javier? Do they always do this."

He shakes his head, "Sometimes. They usually just stay by my window. I don't know how but some of them are in my room."

Fuck that's terrifying.

"Does your Daddy know?"

"I don't want to worry him." He says and climbs my bed. I try not to over think anything because I'm honestly scared. But I wouldn't leave him.

I remind myself to tell Aloha Casper later. He needs to know.

I put my hands on my chest and try to even my heart beat. I climb in beside Javier, "Whenever they're in your room, you can always sleep with me. Sleep well okay? I'll protect you." I murmur and pull him so close to me and we fall asleep like that.

Fuck I can't breath.

I feel a firm hold on my neck blocking my air way. I open my eyes and let out a strangled noise at the sight in front of me. There's a black creature squeezing my neck with a sinister glint. It's white eyes and sharp teeth showing as it smiles. I open my mouth in a scream and nothing comes out as I thrash around.I try to get hold of the hand but I can't. I try to kick it with my leg but my leg just passes through it's body and I realize that I'm screwed. I feel tears leek from my eyes as I struggle and all of a sudden I see fire. The hold on my neck loosens and I start coughing.

"What's going on in there? Odetta? Odetta answer me?" Sebastian asks as he pounds on the door.

I look at Javier who is looking terrified, "Are you okay?" I manage to croak out.

He hugs me and starts crying. I wrap my arms around him and squeeze. I hear a commotion outside the door followed by more knocking.

"Odetta open the door. Please." This time it's Victor.