chapter 21

•••

•••

After watching the sunrise with Dakota and trying to train with my wolf, she says that I need to rebond with my wolf since it's been years, She walks me home and I arrive at the house at maybe seven in the morning. The sky is bright now and if I concentrate hard enough, I can hear the early bustle of people. I walk in after Dakota refuses all offer to have breakfast with us and immediately Javier runs to me and hugs me.

"Where were you?" He asks, "I was so worried."

I go down on one knee and ruffle his hair, "I was with your Grandma. No need to worry, I was safe."

He breathes out a sigh of relief, "I was worried that you left."

"I would never leave you okay?"

He hugs me, "promise?"

"Promise." I say back.

I stand up and he leads me to the kitchen where Isabella is making breakfast.

"What are we eating?" I yawn.

"Where were you? We were so worried. Your guard almost tore the house down looking for you."

"I was with the Oracle. I'm so sorry for disappearing without letting anyone know."

She shrugs, "It's okay. You're back now and Casper hasn't noticed. I know he's gonna be on your back about it."

"We're having waffles and egg by the way." She answers my earlier question.

I go upstairs to my room and brush my teeth before taking a quick shower. I brush my hair, leaving it to air dry and put on a black T-shirt and washed out jeans. I slide my feet into my favorite pair of fuzzy slippers before I leave my room and head downstairs.

"Where were you?" Sebastian asks as I enter the kitchen.

"I was with the oracle Sebastian—I doubt she will try to kill me."

He frowns, "At least inform me when you leave."

"I highly doubt that you would've appreciated me waking you up by four in the morning to tell you that I'm going out."

"You left by four?" They all exclaim at once. Their voices an uncomfortable mix.

I put my my hands up in mock surrender, "The oracle was calling, I couldn't leave her hanging."

"The patrol guards could have killed you." Isabella said.

"She's right. They could've hurt you." Sebastian adds.

"But I'm sure, the Oracle wouldn't have let you get hurt."

Sebastian ignores what Isabella said, "If anything happened to you, guess whose head will be hanging from your father's wall?"

"Have I told you that you're dramatic?"

"I'm serious Odetta, Please don't go running off like that."

"I can't promise that. I'm going to be running off at random times in the morning. Maybe even at night."