chapter 42

Warnings-unedited chapter ahead.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're going to start a family soon," Mum said as she hands over the China set to me. "And you're going to need this."

"Thank you mum."

"Open mine next." Alia says and I start to tear the wrapping sheet on her present.

I groan out in annoyance when I see it's a baby bottle starter kit while Casper smirks. "Why?"

'They seem to have faith in my baby making ability' Casper mind-links. I give his torso a shove with my elbow as he chuckles out loud.

Luna got me oven mittens. Faye got me a polaroid camera while Quinn got me a big photo album. Noel got me the same stupid snow globe he gives me every fucking year. Don and grandpa got me a scarf and boots for the winter. Grandma got me a cookbook and dad got me a mug which says 'best Luna ever'.

There's a lot of wrapping paper on the floor since Noel opened his presents first. 'I'm the older twin. I should go first.' His exact words.

"I made you this." Javier finally hands his presents to me. It's a framed drawing of Casper, him and I.

'He can't draw for shit.' I hear Casper mind-link me and I hold down my laughter.

"Awnn." Grandma, Mum and Luna exclaims.

"He's such a cutie." Mum says and hugs Javier closer.

I smile, "it's very beautiful sweetie." I say.

"You better hurry up and give me another grandchild so I can steal this one" mum squeals and tickles Javier.

Javier throws his head in laughter, "you'll tickle him to death." Dad chuckles.

"Let's go have cookies." Noel says and snatches Javier from Mum and runs into the kitchen.

"Noel Christian Adalwolf." Mum warns and follows closely behind him.

Don immediately stands up and rushes after them, "Just to make sure that Noel comes out alive."

After a while, we all move to the backyard. There's snow covering everything and making it look so pretty. The kids are all rolling around in the snow while Faye and Noel are having a snowball fight. Alia, Anne and Quinn just sit around the long rectangular table in the middle of the yard talking.

Grandma and Dakota are inside the kitchen preparing dinner; while everyone else is sitting to the side in a serious discussion. I don't try to overhear them and instead walk to Alexa who is distancing herself from everyone else, sitting to the side.

I sit on the chair beside her, "why are you here by yourself?"

She looks at me with a sad smile, "I think you know why."

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around my family."

"I don't think they'd feel comfortable with the mate of a man who has hurt you in many ways than one."

"They didn't seem bothered by you during the summer alpha gala."

"It was a business event, they had to be nice but now it's a family event—it's just different—very different."

"Still, It isn't your fault. They won't punish you for the sins of another."

"They don't know the truth. Besides, I'm okay here."

I sigh, "Okay them. I leave you be. Resting is good for the baby."

She caresses her stomach with a lazy smile, "Is it a boy or girl?"