Chapter 55

Warning: although I re-read and edited the chapter, I'm sure they're still mistakes and some misspellings here and there that I failed to notice. Please notify me when you see something wrong.
•Don't forget to vote and comment•
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why the hell should my pregnant mate be sent to vampire territory?"

I am currently in the castle with Casper, The King and Fabian. Fabian requested an urgent meeting saying that it concerned the vampire royals.

"It is classified information but the Vampire King's great-great-great granddaughter has been in a sort of deep sleep for the past three months and before that, she was constantly attacked by those things you call shadows. We have reason to believe it that has some sort of connection to what is happening to your son."

"That doesn't explain why my mate needs to be the one to go there."

"She's the acting Oracle, they want her to be the one to come."

Casper hisses, "You're crazy if you think that I care about what they want." He continues, "And if it's so serious, why the hell are you just telling us now? Doesn't this seem like information that shouldn't have been withheld from us?"

Fabian bows his head to the King Martin, "The vampire king sends his apologies, he understands how this can inconvenience you. I was just informed about this yesterday. He requests for the acting oracle presence, he hopes that she can help his great great great grand daughter."

Casper is fuming beside me and king Martin sighs, "This is not a decision for me to make. I can only grant her permission to leave the kingdom and enter your territory. I can't make her go with you."

Fabian turns to me and bows, "please oracle odetta."

"Fabi—"

"No way in hell am I sending my mate and unborn child to unknow territory."

"Casper let's think about this." I say and he looks at me in disbelief. "There's no one else suited for the job but me."

"Are we seriously thinking about it. You're pregnant odetta, that's the end of the story."

"They seem like they really need my help Casper."

"And why can't she be brought here?", he asks Fabian.

"We don't know the nature of this sleep, the healer has suggested that she shouldn't be moved long distances. The farthest we've moved her is a few rooms." Casper still doesn't look convinced, "I swear to you with my life that no harm will come to either you mate or your unborn child."

"Please could you excuse us." Fabian and king Martin leave the room leaving Casper and I in silence.

I take his hands and softly brush his knuckles with my lips, "Odetta don't tell me that you're actually considering going to there."

"You know that I can't say no."

He sighs and I smile at him, "Please stay," He pulls me close for a hug, "I don't want to loose you. I don't know if I will be able to live with myself if anything happened to you."

"You heard him right? He swears with his life to keep us safe."

"I can't trust the words of a vampire."