chapter 6

•••

•••

"Odetta." I hear my name being shouted accompanied with banging on my door. I open my eyes and frown at the noise. I look at Javier to see him stir in his sleep. I check the time on my phone.

'2:32am'

"Bloody hell is she even in there?" Someone swears.

"She's in there, just calm down." My mother says.

"Let me try." My father says and then there is a light knock on my door. "Odetta? Are you awake?" He asks and continues knocking.

I groan and notice that I'm still on the couch and my back hurts.

"Why don't you call her phone." Father suggests.

"Good idea." Noel murmurs and soon my phone is ringing.

I quickly decline the call so the ringtone doesn't wake Javier. He murmurs something and I stand up and go over to the bed and lightly stroke his cheek.

"Shhh go back to sleep." I whisper.

"She's awake." Noel says.

"Odetta honey open up." My mom says.

Why the fuck are they disturbing me in the middle of the night and couldn't they just whisper instead of talking so loud. I'm so sure that they're waking up everyone in the castle.

I stomp over to the door and unlock it.

"There's a fucking child sleeping, could you all be any louder?" I whisper yell.

"Yes, my fucking child that you kidnapped." A deep voice says and I look at Alpha Casper.

"Sorry that I saw a wandering child, fed him, took care of him and put him to sleep." I reply with sass and glare at him.

"Now now there's no need to get ill-tempered here. Alpha Casper, you should just thank her for taking care of your child while Odetta, you just hand over his child." Dad says.

"I'm not holding your child hostage but you could've at the very least thanked me." I say.

I enter the room and carefully pick up a sleeping Javier trying not to wake him and lay his head on my shoulder. I walk to my door and hand him over to Alpha Casper.

He just glares at me as he holds his child. "Next time don't break down my door and shout so loud that you might wake him up"

"What makes you think there's going to be a next time?" He sneers.

"Ask him about his plans for tomorrow when he wakes up." I simply say trying not to gloat. I then glance around to see Mum, Dad and Noel watching our exchange, "Is that all or did I kidnap someone else cause I'm quite sleepy?"

"No dear go back to sleep." Mum says and I step back into my room and shut the door not bothering to listen to what they are discussing about.

I flop down on my bed and sleep wasn't so hard to come.