Christmas special

Casper's POV
————————————————————————
"Daddy can I come?"

I sigh and look at him from the mirror as I fix my tie, "I'm sorry buddy but you can't," He frowns and I make my way over to him.

"You have to stay here and guard our room like a strong alpha."

"That's easy," He pouts.

I shake my head, "That's the job that most alpha's can't do." I press my index finger to his chest, "But you can."

A smile slowly makes it's way on his face, "You're not strong enough so you're telling me to help me cause I'm stronger." He gloats and flexes.

I just chuckle and kiss his forehead before grabbing my suit jacket and slipping it on. I take a last look at myself in the mirror before leaving.

I look at the guard assigned to help take care of Javier when I'm busy, "if I come back to see a hair on his head out of place, I'll kill you. I don't need to go into that, you know what I'm capable of." He nods and gulps, "I promise you alpha Casper, nothing will happen to your child."

"You don't have a choice." I murmur and look at victor and Isabella who are ready to go. Like protocol, they stand to the side and wait for me to walk a few steps ahead of them before tarting to trail behind me. We make our way downstairs to see most alpha and Luna already down chatting waiting for alpha Alawolf and his family.

Alpha Matteo makes his way over to me and he grins at me expecting the same in return but I don't even lift the corners of my lips.

"Still the same emotionless man I know." He laughs and delves into a story that victor entertains.

"I hear that his first daughter is going to be here but I don't think it's true since she hasn't been here in almost five years–" He rambles on and on and I don't think I am able to keep up with his story.

A while later, Alpha Alawolf makes his way downstairs with Luna Katherine in his arms. As usual his two daughters were behind him. There was his son and his mate and–his first daughter.

"She's beautiful." Alpha Matteo murmurs beside me and I hear murmurs all around me. She looked so nervous and I could see her brother squeeze her hand. I won't lie, that dress looked amazing on her, Red. Bold and confident. She had her head held up high but I could see the faint tremble of her shoulders and the slight wobble of her lips. Red and full but She wasn't as beautiful as her sisters. She was just—

"We may now move to the ball room."

We make our way to the ballroom and I busy myself with conversations with other Alphas. After a while of trying to distract myself, I give up. Victor and Isabella went to probably have a quickie somewhere outside leaving me alone so I put on my emotionless mask hoping to scare off any one that wanted to converse. I take a sip of my drink and look around, studying everybody till my eyes land on her. Her brother has his hands over her mouth in the middle of the dance floor and for the first time I've seen her this night, she has an expression other than nervousness or pain.

I let my eyes land on her chest with the plunging neckline but I wasn't really impressed. I could see other unmated alphas ogling her which made me scoff. There was nothing impressive about her. Her brother pulls her closer to where I stood and I can here her laughing. Angelic? Yes one of kind? No. But I couldn't deny that the sound tugged on something inside of me. I can't help but notice that she's the only one dressed in red tonight.

She threatens about something in jest and he gets pissed, although there's a trace of a small smile on his face, and leaves her standing there still with a grin. Alpha mason, Luna Alexa and her walk iver to her and start having a conversation when I catch the daughter of an Alpha practically undressing me with her eyes and I move away from her line of sight closer to the exit of the ballroom. I busy myself with thoughts on how to protect Javier form those shadows.