chapter 17

•••

•••

"Odetta!" Javier squeals as he runs and flings himself me, almost knocking me off my feet.

He buries his face in my thigh and pulls away before I kneel down to his height. A few tears slide down his cheek and I try wipe his tears away but they just keep on coming.

"I really missed you and I cried every night and—" He's a blubbering mess now. I shush him and pull him in closer for a hug. He's crying so hard now and taking deep breaths with every word.

"It's okay I'm here." I assure him but he cries even harder. My eyes widen in surprise and I gently pat his back in comfort. He stays like that for a while before pulling away and wiping his tears. He then runs over to his father who picks him up with a grin.

"Did you bring her daddy?" Javier buries his face into the crook of his neck.

"Yeah. I knew you'd be happy." He says so softly that I can't imagine he's the same person scowling at me a few hours ago. Javier starts crying all over again. I laugh and stand up from my kneeling position before watching them.

"I love you, Thank you so much daddy." He cries harder. Casper just accepts this all while muttering soothing words to him.

I look over at a woman I recognize as Isabella. She's smiling at me and I smile back at her.

"Izzy can you believe this?"

She nods as Alpha Casper places Javier back down on the ground on his feet. He runs to Isabella and drags her over to me, "Izzy this is Odetta. She's my best friend."

"We've met before already Javi." She says and hugs me as she continues speaking to him. "Are you that excited?"

"He must be." I smile down at him.

She chuckles, "it always seems like he forgets about me when he is with you. Welcome to our home."

"And what is going on here?", I recognize Beta Victor. He saunters into the sitting room and pauses when he sees the tear stained face of Javier, Sebastian and I.

"You're actually here?" He asks and looks at Alpha Casper, "You sly devil, you actually did it."

Alpha Casper reluctantly nods and he smiles.

"How did he get you to come here. Wait, let me guess—he threatened you."

We both have knowing smiles, "Something like that. But I'm really here from the goodness of my heart. Plus I wouldn't let his sour attitude stop me from coming to see sweet Javi."

"Both Javier and Casper haven't stopped talking about you since we got here." He straightens his left hand towards me and I take it "Thank you for actually coming. I'm sure Casper wasn't pleasant company."

"He really wasn't." I say and ignore the glare from Alpha Casper.

"If I could have a dollar for every time one of these boys said your name, I would be a fucking billionaire."