Chapter 56

Warning: although I re-read and edited the chapter, I'm sure they're still mistakes and some misspellings here and there that I failed to notice. Please notify me when you see something wrong.
•Don't forget to vote and comment•
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I learn that Edna, which she insisted I call her, is the fourth in line to the throne and the vampire territory have frequent snow falls, up to five times a year. It might be the coldest place on earth. She assigns herself as our tour guide, pointing out beautiful landmarks and building and giving us a run down of the beautiful origins.

Fabian is quiet the whole ride and it seems that which each passing minute, Sebastian is slowly getting comfortable with the presence of Edna.

When we arrive at our destination, I take Sebastian's outstretched hand and step out of the limo. The building in front of us is a towering, massive castle. It's all black and quite intimidating if I'm honest.

"It's pretty huge isn't it?" Edna says as I stare at the castle in awe.

Sebastian makes a move to take both our bags from the driver but Edna stops him, "It will be taken care of. You should relax, you're a guest of the king."

The castle is way bigger than anything in the werewolf territory. The blanket of snow on the building, gives it a enchanting feeling making it look like a castle made of black ice. We pass by a beautiful garden of ice, the flowers and plants looks as if dipped in snow. We go up the steps where the doors are already open wide.

The guards that stand in a line waiting on our arrival bow as we pass by. I feel stares of curiosity and disgust behind me but I ignore it. I'm just here for three days to offer my help and leave. The interior of the castle is even somehow larger than the exterior and definitely more beautiful.

Edna and Fabian direct Sebastian and I up a huge flight of stairs and down a long hallway. We stop in front of a huge door, "This is your room Luna Odetta and the room in front of yours is your acquaintance's room for safety, comfort and reassurance."

She looks at Fabian, "Could you please show him in." Sebastian seems reluctant to follow Fabian to his room which will leave just Edna and I alone but I give him a reassuring smile. We have a short stare down but he relents and finally allows himself to be guided.

Edna opens the door and steps back to let me step in first before she follows in after me and shuts the door.

The room is a large, beautiful room with a large window overlooking the fluffy featherbed of snow below. My suitcase have already been brought up to my room standing in the corner.

"I hope that it is to your liking. We put extra care and attention into preparing it."

"This is a really beautiful room, I'm honored."

"We're more honored to be able to host the acting oracle." She takes a step closer to me, "Truly, I'm thankful for your help. Please do everything you can to save my daughter."

I look into her glassy eyes and my heart breaks. I definitely don't know how she feels and I understand the pain of a mother who is about to lose a child. I couldn't imagine what she was going through right now but there she was swallowing her pride, smiling and waiting for the arrival of werewolves, her natural enemies for help.

"I promise you that I will do everything in my power to help your daughter."

She lets the tears slide down her cheeks and breathes out a sigh, "Thank so much. We don't deserve your help."

I take hold of her hand for comfort which she grips tightly. We stay there in silence for a few seconds while silent tears slide down her cheeks. She pulls back and wipes her cheek.