chapter 1

•••

•••

I sit and look at the two suitcases on my bed.

I contemplate on zipping them up or just folding all the clothes back into my closet.

I can't go back...not to their pitiful gazes and the possibility of seeing him again. He should be there since he's an alpha now.

"Oh God I can't do this." I mutter.

My family may have no problem coming to see me but I can't go there,it's been far too long but father requires all his children by his side and I've been avoiding this for four years; besides I limited all forms of communication and visits from my family for over a year to avoid this conversation but somehow I was convinced.

The summer alpha gala week is going to begin this night and I don't think I could put up an indifferent front if I see him today. I can't put on a smile as expected of me while he parades around with his mate.

I have everything packed and I stare at the suitcase lid trying to find the courage to zip it up and haul the suitcases down stairs. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before exhaling the doubt away.

I go over to my bed and hurriedly zip up the suitcases before I change my mind, sealing my fate. I pick up my red handbag and then drag the suitcases out of my room, down the stairs and out of my apartment. I enter the elevator with the bags and push the button for the ground floor.

"The driver is waiting Miss Adalwolf." The door man says as I walk out of the elevator.

I just nod at him, try and failing to drag my suitcase behind me and he stops me.

"Let me"

"Thank you." I mutter and walk ahead.

I need to keep my self busy so I just play with my fingers. I am nervous as hell–screw it, nervous is an understatement. I was scared, nervous, doubtful and just plain unsure. Was I going to go through this okay?

Another door man opens the door for me and I step out, exposed to the sun and the mild humid breeze. I see the black BMW that's meant to pick me up.

I walk down the short flight of stairs towards it as the driver steps out immediately.

"Good to see you again Miss Adalwolf." He acknowledges as he opens the door for me.

"How are you Derek?" I ask and smile at him.

"I'm doing great miss."

I murmur out a thank you and He simply replies with a soft spoken 'you're welcome.' as he shuts the door when I enter the car.

The doorman with my suitcase comes out of the building and Derek opens the boot of the car and he eases my suitcases into it.

Derek shuts the boots and enters the car and soon we're zooming off.