Chapter 51

"Pregnant? what do you mean pregnant?"

I sigh and throw my head back to hit the mattress, "you're as stupid as victor"

"No—no—that was a stupid question. It's just—"
The line went silent.

"Casper? You okay?"

"Yeah", he whispers, "Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just really—I don't even know how I feel right now"

"You're not happy" I say softly.

"No, no, I am happy. Fucking elated but It's just I never expected it to happen so fast", he chuckles.

"We've been fucking for a long time with no protection what did you expect", I chuckle along with him.

The line goes silent and I only hear his deep breathing.

"What are we going to do now?"

"You're coming back love. As soon as possible. Not a second to be wasted"

"I don't think Fabian can pack that fast"

"He can and he will", he growls before he whispers on the phone, "I just miss you and your presence"

"I do too"

"I don't think it's as bad as mine. You just really make my day you know? I could be having this long as fuck day and I'll just come home to you with Javier or Sebastian or you'd be on the phone talking to your mother and your voice will instantly calm me down. Then you see me and the biggest smile lights up your face and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world", he takes a deep breath, "I don't know what I did to deserve you"

I could feel my eyes getting teary and I didn't even realize that I was crying.

"Odetta? Odetta? Are you okay? Fuck, did I make you cry?"

"No. Goddess, no, you didn't", I wipe my tears. "Your words just made me so happy"

"Is it because you're pregnant?"

"I don't think I'm supposed to be experiencing pregnancy hormones now"

"We don't know how far along you are or if you are. That's why you need to come home now"

Home.

"I'll start packing and getting ready. Expect us home tomorrow alpha"

"Only you can make that sound so sexy"

"Get your mind out of the gutter"

I hear him laugh, "Goodnight love"

"It isn't night time here"

"Well it is for me" he yawns.

"Love you", I whisper and I hear him say it back before the call ends.

I toss the phone on the bed behind me and bring my knees to my chest.

Pregnant.

I might be pregnant. I might be pregnant. I might be carrying a child. I might be carrying Casper's child.

Oh my god. Our child. A child might be growing inside me right now. A child from Casper and I.

I stand up and walk to the full length mirror. With shaky hands, I raise my shirt and place a hand over my stomach. I couldn't feel anything but the thought that a child might be growing inside me just felt so overwhelming that I to started cry.

I see my shoulders shake before I hear my sob. I smile at my reflection and rub my stomach affectionately.

First Javier, then Casper and now this little bean. I felt so lucky.