chapter 12

•••

•••

Where the fuck is he?

I force a smile as Luna Willow comes over with her mate, "Oh my moon goddess, congratulations on your relationship with Alpha Casper. I hope we'll be seeing a mating ceremony in a few years." She smiles and the corner of her eyes crinkle.

"He is a good man, you sure are lucky." Her mate says.

I nod pleasantly fighting back a grimace.

I'm pretty sure they were the seventh couple to approach me this night to congratulate me and without Alpha Casper with me, It was starting to become unbearable.

"What would you do about his son?"

"I love Javier and don't mind him at all"

"Are you happy with him?"

"Yes I am. Thank you for your concern."

The questions keep coming and where the fuck are you, stupid alpha Casper?

I nod at the alpha and Luna and they give me a departing smile. I almost let my forced smile to fall then, I see Alpha Jeremy and his son young Alpha Stanley.

I wanted to walk away but I couldn't because they were not less than ten feets away.

"Ah, Odetta. I heard about you and alpha Casper—am I wrong?"

I shake my head and look around for alpha Casper but I don't see him. "No you're not."

"I have a feeling that it's young Alpha Javier that brought you two together." He says lowly and chuckles like he knows a secret. I pay him no mind.

"Javier is an Angel. I couldn't resist." I say.

"Who would resist that handsome young devil's charms?"

"He is such a good boy and his father is too."

"So do you plan on leaving with Alpha Casper after the SAG? The werewolf capital us quite a long journey from here."

"Uh—"

"We haven't discussed that yet." Alpha Casper says as he circles an arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I would've felt good I even remotely like this man beside me.

I play through our conversations a few days ago concerning our small fake relationship but i feel anger. His attitude needs some serious work.

"What did you tell everyone?"

I gasped, "what did i? I recall you telling Alexa that we were mates."

"I didn't mean that."

"Well she thought you did and now everyone thinks we're together."

He makes a face although the change is not noticeable.