ONE

" when we first met and didn't know we would fall in love "

Chapter 1:

Two Broken Lost Souls

Love was already hard to begin with. But it's even harder when the person you love just happens to be one of the richest and smartest men in the entire world. Even harder when that person just as well closes down to the name of Anthony Edward Stark.

She met him when she didn't know what love was.

After all, she was no more than a ten-year-old girl.

She had gone to meet Howard and Maria Stark with her father because her mother procured yet another appointment at the hospital.

She wasn't indeed supposed to be there but she decided to tag along with her father because her nanny had called in sick just that day.

She walked down the lasting hallway with her dad, and that's when she saw him- a proud boy next to a proud man.

She had known who he was- of course she did, but this was the first time she regarded him in a way which wasn't on television showcasing his dignified face and his lavish life-style- or what seemed to represent his permanent look of unutterable disgust at the world.

For the first time since she discovered who this boy was, he looked authentic... real as he stared at her in a demeaning way.

"Hi!" She had positively gone to him, her usual self ever so cheer, "I am Annabeth!"

It was as if he was carefully analyzing her ten-year-old self before finally bringing out his steadying hand and saying carefully, "Stark. Tony Stark."

Then started a lifelong friendship that nobody could ever be ready for- one of heartbreak and everlasting love.

Tony soon, without a doubt became a constant in her life, she noticed, when her father started to disappear at night and her mother remained oblivious to the shattered family.

He came instantly without a explicit warning and sometimes left as fast as he came, making a mess of her complex emotions and practical life.

Not that Annabeth really minded.

He naturally became the most substantial part of her modest life, even if he merely stayed for a fleeting odd moment.

All because he willingly stayed.

He was there to encourage her with the math she didn't understand in the sixth grade, he was there to allegedly punch the dull boy who kept typically hitting on her in freshman year, and when she got drunk for the first time, he was right next to her awkwardly holding her hair as she puked her guts out.