THIRTY-TWO

your drunk talks push me away, baby "

Chapter 32:

Party From Hell, Part 1

The next morning was just as exhausting as the last. Annabeth had tons of documents, meetings and interview to do. It was her fourth day at the job, and yet it felt like it was the fourth month of a never-ending ride.

Thankfully, tonight she had Tony's party to go. It was going to be an opportunity to relax and take the edge off a little bit.

At some point of the afternoon, Natalie came by to drop some files and inform her about Tony's party- everything was ready for tonight.

At 6pm, Annabeth left the company and went to Pepper's apartment to get ready. She saw Tony's present lay on Pepper's bed and smiled as she took it before she left the place.

It was almost 8pm when she, with Pepper arrived back at Tony's. The place was already full. There were socialites, celebrities, bimbos... She walked around the place looking for Tony. The second that she saw him, Annabeth doubted her eyes were really seeing what was going on. It had to be a hallucination due to her exhaustion, right? But the screams from the guests were proving her wrong.

There was Tony... a very drunk Tony, next to the DJ with a bottle of whiskey in one of his hands, dressed in the Iron Man suit. He was using the Iron Man suit for his birthday party.

I can't believe this. I can't believe that he is doing this after all the trouble we had yesterday.

She left the room to get some air and think about what to do now while Pepper left to make some calls trying to fix this. 

Where is Natalie? She should be controlling him. 

But the other red-hair was nowhere to be found. For a first time in a very long time since she met Tony, Annabeth felt lost. She didn't know what to do. This was beyond her imagination.

At that moment a friendly voice came next to her.

"Hey Annie. Just arrived too?" Annabeth turned to see Rhodey next to her. By the smile on his face, she knew that he hadn't gone seeing Tony yet. At the serious look of the woman in front of him, a look he knew too well by now- Rhodey asked. "What's going on?"

Annabeth opened her mouth to speak but nothing came. After a few seconds she manage to say, "I don't know how to tell you. I can't describe the scene that I just saw."

"What?" he frowned, "Come on, it can't be that bad. Not with our level of experience," he joked but Annabeth didn't laugh.

"Come on, I'll show you... because I don't know what to do," He followed her without further question to where the DJ was playing. Tony was still there, now demonstrating his audience on how he went to the bathroom in the suit.

Both, Rhodey and Annabeth were in complete silence as they watched their friend make a fool of himself.

"You gotta be kidding me," murmured Rhodey as Pepper joined them, all of them watching Tony trip and fall down, "That's it. I'm making a call."

"No, no, no," Annabeth held him by his arm, "Don't call anyone."

"Come on Anna! look at this..." he spoke angry, "I just risked my neck for this guy and look what he does."

"We understand that," Pepper spoke trying to calm him down.

 "Just... let me handle it. Okay?" Annabeth told them, "Don't do anything."

"Okay... you have your chance..."

Annabeth was still for a moment trying to think of what she should do. She had left Tony's gift downstairs near the fridge- the party would have ruined what she had for him. Annabeth started to walk to Tony, who was now speaking more crazy stuff over the mic and laughing. She came closer, smiling and took the mic off his hand.

"Does this guy know how to throw a party or what?" she questioned with the mic making the audience go crazy. At that moment, Tony put an arm around her back and got closer to her.

"I love you," he spoke and the audience screamed even more. It was time to end this, she decided.

"Thank you so much Tony, we all had a wonderful night," she spoke as Tony kept trying to push her closer to him and lowering his head next to hers.

Trying to kiss her.

Annabeth almost hated him at this moment but she did her best to ignore his movements. "We're gonna say good night now and thank you all for coming," With that Tony took a step back and started to speak and Annabeth had to put the mic behind her back to they could have a little privacy.

"No, no, no, we can't... wait," he held her by her lower back again, "We didn't have the cake.... And we didn't blow out the candles," he spoke sounding like a little kid.

"Trust me on this, okay?" she spoke, "You're out of control."

"You're out of control gorgeous," he spoke making her actually... scared. 

Why? She didn't know. 

"It's time to go to bed," She spoke serious. But Tony didn't seem to listen and came even closer to her.

"Give me another smooch," he spoke. His mouth was really close to hers and although her heart started to react to his words, she was brought back to reality when the smell of alcohol on his breath came to her. Turning her head, Annabeth motioned to the audience that was now really quietly looking at them. "Come on, you know you want to." He came closer and she had to curve her back to put a little distance between them.

Yes. She wanted to. She had wanted to kiss him for a very long time. 

But not like this. Not in this situation. And with an audience to make things worse. 

"You just peed on your suit."

"It has a filtration system. You can drink that." That was an image that Annabeth didn't want to have right now.

"That is so not sexy. Just send them home. It's time."

Finally Tony seemed to take her word and agreed with her. She took the bottle out of his hand and gave him the mic back.

"She is right," Tony addressed his audience. "The party's over."

Finally. She thought. At least no further damage is done.

"But the party was over for me like an hour ago," spoke Tony. "The after party starts now." 

 At this, Annabeth was only able to close her eyes and take a deep breath to prevent herself from crying because this- this wasn't Tony anymore.

[what do you guys say about another peter parker fic? also next chapter is :,,,( (hopefully)]