EIGHTEEN

" i didn't think we were so broken "

Chapter 18

Some Dark Clouds

Three things came to her mind when Annabeth woke up the next day. First— her magical moment with Tony at the roof of the Disney Hall and then their dance to their almost kiss. All of this was followed by his rejection, and running away from her.

Second, she had to be in New York by the next morning.

And third, she was still on her floor dressed in her red dress.

Annabeth could still feel Tony's warm hand at her lower back, making her shiver just by thinking about it.

Stupid dress, she thought, frustrated as she got up.

She went into the bathroom. Once inside she took off her red dress and stopped to look at herself in the mirror.

She was a mess! Her eyes were puffy red. Her make-up was blurred. Her hair... she didn't even know how to start to fix it. She sighed heavily.

And to think she was getting her doctorate degree the next day.

I can't go to New York like this. Besides, I need to speak to Tony... I need to make sure that we are okay, she thought getting inside her shower.

How will I do that?

She tried to think about all the excuses she could use to justify her actions towards him yesterday. Tony always flirts with her.

Since day one— when they were hardly kids.

So much that it was his natural way around her.

Sometimes heavily, sometimes just making insinuations. But he never made a move on her since their break up.

A real move on her since he came back.

And yesterday she made a move on him even though she promised herself she wouldn't.

Oh, God! What I was thinking? —She thought embarrassed— I'm not sure if he even moved.

She started to think about their moment last night.

He did —She reassured herself— He was holding my waist.