ELEVEN

" And now I am wishing that I was with him "

Chapter 11:

Some New Frenemies

It was three months before Tony Stark was found in the middle of Afghanistan. He was beaten down to hell with something blue glowing in the middle of his chest.

And Annabeth was in New York, giving her exams.

She was at some hospital in Queens, learning first hand from the doctors over there with her class partner— Stephen Strange.

Stephen was a good guy —handsome and all that— but he just happened to be extremely bitter. The hospital in which she was working at did not help Annabeth support this man's mood.

Just a few more months, Annabeth would keep reminding herself, and then I don't have to see his face ever again.

"If you would actually listen, Carter," Stephen snarked, "You would realize that the theory is over and we can go for a break."

Annabeth gave him one of her best poker faces— an expression she just happened to be an expert at.

"Well, Stephen, I find your interest in me listening to the class and well me, in general, quite... strange."

Stephen smiled at her sarcastically.

"Puns... how will I ever survive?" He answered rather dryly.

"You know you love me," Annabeth shrugged.

Stephen shook his head, "I wish I did, it would make you at least bearable."

"Ha ha," Annabeth laughed sarcastically, "Terribly funny, really witty."

Stephen looked at the girl in disgust, "Please tell me that you did not just make a Harry Potter reference."

"Wish I could, my dearest Stephen," Annabeth replied as the pair walked to the cafeteria, "But stranger things are yet to happen."

"So..." Stephen, surprisingly was the one to try and make conversation, "the weather's good huh?"

Annabeth laughed, "We don't need to talk, alright."