TWENTY-FOUR

" Try to help the unhealed man "

Chapter 24:

Life as the CEO's assistant

[  T O X I C I T Y    L E V E L   :    7  %  ]

The next day Annabeth went to Tony's lab only to find out that he still hadn't left the workshop since yesterday. The place was a mess.

Again, he wasn't upgrading his suit, but looking at some data; next to him, there was an old flyer from Stark Expo 74 and at the computer screen on his other side, something that looked like the periodic table.

Tony didn't seem to be aware of her presence as Annabeth looked around a little more and saw the documents she needed still at the same place that she had left them, untouched. She took a deep breath to keep her patience in control.

"You didn't sign the papers," she spoke quietly but it still startled Tony. He frowned.

"What are you doing here? I though you left," He spoke leaving his holograms aside to face her.

"I told you that I need those papers signed," she said ignoring his question.

"I thought you said you needed them for tomorrow."

"Well, your 'tomorrow' is 'today' Tony!" he frowned not getting what she was saying, "You spent the night here! God— You didn't leave? Even for a little bit? Why didn't JARVIS warn you?"

"I put JARVIS on mute because he was pissing me off. Give me the papers, I'll sign them," He spoke fast-walking to join her.

"You didn't even read what I told you to..." complained Annabeth. She was exhausted because of her own lack of sleep.

"I'm trusting you. Is it safe to sign?" he questioned.

"Yes," She answered losing her battle with her patience.

"Then I'm signing it," Spoke Tony holding a pen and signing the first document.

"Tony... You can't keep doing this. You need to know what is going on inside the company— especially now that I am working even less often. You need to pay closer attention," Annabeth spoke as he signed the papers, "The board members are still fighting with me about Stark Health and everything is a mess."

"The company is fine. I got important things to take care of right now."

"Like the Iron Man?"

"...Yeah"

"You want to keep playing Iron Man... well in order to do that you need the money the company provides you! S.I. needs you. You are the freaking CEO!" she tried to talk to him.