FIFTEEN

" you make my heart beat faster by the second "

Chapter 15:

You Are All I Have

Before Annabeth went back to Tony's house from the company, she decided to pick up the present that she and Pepper had gotten made for him. 

When the salesman brought it to her she was pleased with how they made it. That old Arc Reactor was in a metal plate with letters around it where it could read: "Proof that Tony Stark has a Heart."

It was perfect. 

Annabeth couldn't think of a better way to show him that she cared for him and supported him— that both Pepper and she did (obviously, they both did... equally...maybe...). And maybe now he could start to see this reactor with her eyes and maybe, just maybe, it could give him the incentive that he needs, to do the changes that he feels the need to do.

When she arrived at Tony's, Annabeth was surely surprised to see Obadiah Stane there. He was pulling out from his car when she was parking hers. She took her purse and Tony's present that was wrapped and went to greet the older man, who, to her surprise was holding a pizza box.

"Morning Obie."

"Good morning, Annabeth, I thought you would be inside," He smiled at her as she felt this uncomfortable feeling come over her at the sight of him.

"A lot of work was left and now I have a college seminar," She simply replied as they walked inside Tony's mansion, "I take that you are here to see Tony?"

"Yes... Just arrived from New York. Brought him some breakfast, his favorite," he pointed at the pizza box and laughed a little.

"His favorite is cheeseburger," she casually told him, "Not pizza... which could hardly qualify as breakfast, Obie."

Obadiah didn't say anything.

When they arrived in Tony's living room, Annabeth started to buzz for Tony knowing that he was already at the workshop. When the billionaire didn't answer, Stane left the pizza at the small table in front of her and went to the piano.

"I told Tony a million times already that it would be easier if he just gave me access to his shop," complained Stane as Annabeth let out an uneasy smile considering she already knew what what the passcode was on her second day of work.