SEVENTEEN

" left me alone with my pain "

Chapter 17:

Midnight Talks and Heartbreaks

"Yes!" Annabeth had answered relieved at once, "I really need some air."

 They pair hadn't waited a second longer and walked out from the ballroom to the roof.

The roof was practically desert apart from a couple that seem to be leaving and going back to the dancing hall. After that, Annabeth and Tony were alone there and she started to freak out.

"Oh my God! We shouldn't have done that,"  She said nervously as they walked through the roof.

"We did nothing wrong," Tony spoke gently getting closer to her.

"That was out of place, unprofessional and inappropriate," She spoke again, not giving him time to speak so he started to talk at the same time.

"We danced! That is what is expected in a party like this one."

"No it's not Tony! That was totally weird," She spoke, her voice getting lower and getting closer to him.

"That was harmless," insisted Tony.

"Totally not harmless," Annabeth's arms flew around in her nervousness.

"We were dancing, Annie and it's the normal thing to do," he was trying to calm her down, and she was glad for that but it was impossible for him to understand her situation, "And we have done it so many times before!"

"Everybody who I work with saw that..." she started talking again.

"No one was paying attention—"

"No! you know why?"

"I think you lost the point here. I think they just... People..." He stuttered, "We just danced," He told her desperate to make her see his point and calm her down.

But it didn't work. 

Annabeth became more nervous. She just didn't know if it was because she wanted him to understand her side and position or if it was because of his presence. She knew she was in love with him— and she was too aware of her feelings at the current moment, but she also knew that  they could never be together again and that was okay for her as long as she was by his side... and if he were to fall in love with another girl in front of her, she would let them be.