THIRTEEN

" back in your arms is where I belong "

Chapter 13:

Not Her First Patient

Both Pepper and Annabeth were in the Stark Mansion, where Pepper was watching the news and the brunette was talking to her cousin, Sharon. 

"Stark Industries! I've got one recommendation! Ready? Ready? Sell, sell, sell! Abandon ship! Does the Hindenburg ring any bells? Let me show you the new Stark Industries business plan! Look, that's a weapons company that doesn't make weapons!" The news spoke as Pepper frowned.

"Stop watching that shit, Pep," Annabeth commented, "It's gonna—"

Over the intercoms, Tony gracefully interrupted them, "Girls, how big are your hands?"

Annabeth's face turned into one of confusion.

"What?"

"How big are your hands?"

"I don't understand why..." The woman tried to reason but then this was Tony— he never listened.

"Get down here. I need you."

With annoyed looks on their faces, both Annabeth and Pepper entered Tony's workshop after putting in the passcode to find him lying shirtless on a chair.

Annabeth could run away then because she knew Tony would see right through her. Her cheeks reddened at Tony's bare chest and she really wondered if Dum-E was willing to commit his first successful murder.

"Hey. Let's see them. Show me your hands. Let's see them."

 Annabeth held up her hands as she came closer, "Oh, wow— They are small. Very petite, indeed. I just uh.. need your help for a sec."

There was Tony with his arc reactor in his hand.

"Oh, my God, is that the thing that's keeping you alive?"

"It was," Tony said, "It is now an antique. This is what will be keeping me alive for the foreseeable future—" he held up another arc reactor, "—I'm swapping it up for an upgraded unit, and I just ran into a little speed bump."

"Speed bump," Pepper noted, "What does that mean?"

"It's nothing. It's just a little snag. There's an exposed wire under this device. And it's contacting the socket wall and causing a little bit of a short. It's fine."