SIXTEEN

" so take me back to the night we met "

Chapter 16:
The Red Dress

Once in her room, Annabeth had her hair ready. She was now looking at her closet trying to decide what dress she should go in.

She looked at the clock— the event was about to start and she was still here. She was going to be late... very late if she didn't hurry up.

Annabeth looked into her closet again and she saw that one dress that she never had the chance to wear. That red off-shoulder dress that she bought as an apology gift from Tony for Pepper's birthday before all that madness and pain that was his kidnapping. It was decided. She was going to wear that dress.

She put her dress on. Made a few adjustments on her makeup and hair and she ran out of her room without encountering Tony. She had just a few minutes to get there.

Annabeth arrived at the Disney Concert Hall where the benefit was going to take place. The red carpet was a mess— full of reporters and curious people that didn't get an invitation. She decided that it was for the best to ignore the reporters, she wasn't going to talk to the press without Tony's authorization, it wasn't in her place. So she ignored the reporters calling for her insistently;

"Miss Carter, is Tony Stark making an appearance?"

"Is he really shutting down the weapons manufacturing division?"

"How is he treating his PTSD?"

"Is it true that he was in bed for weeks?"

"How long has it been since you have seen your father?"

My God! How annoying they can be? —She thought while walking inside the Hall.

Most of the guests there were High Society people, but it was full with her co-workers from Stark Industries too. Events like this were a good opportunity for Annabeth to catch up with them; since she spent most of her time at Tony's with Pepper than at the company itself.

She walked around enjoying the music, having a few chats here and there. People were complimenting her for the dress. So much that Annabeth started to feel a little bit uncomfortable— she never really liked to have so much attention on her.