THIRTY-ONE

" sometimes you break and sometimes you punch people in the face "

Chapter 31:

The exhausted doctor and not-her-boyfriend (yet)

[ T O X I C I T Y   L E V E L : 45 % ]

It was evening when they arrived in LA. Pepper and Natalie had gone to Stark Industries to release an official statement while Annabeth caught up with things in the house considering she had to go to New York the day after Tony's party for the meeting. 

Annabeth and Pepper decided to release an official note since Pepper already has an interview scheduled tonight to talk about what had happened.

Afterwards, Pepper and Natalie left the company and went to Tony's house where Annabeth herself had just arrived.

"We need to be ready... they will try to kill us," spoke Pepper as she and Natalie got the documents ready, "Where is Tony?"

"Workshop," Annabeth spoke taking a sip of her water.

"Mr. Stark is in the workshop," Spoke JARVIS.

Annabeth frowned at the AI, "I just told them that, JAR, and you are being really snappy at me just like your name sake."

"I apologize, Doctor Pierce," JARVIS' said in an fake sympathetic voice, "But I do remember you asking me go to a ditch and dismember myself when I woke you up from your nap."

"Oh you don't want to play that-"

"Annabeth!" Pepper's warning tone stopped Annabeth from arguing endlessly with the AI.

"I will go get him," spoke Annabeth to both her friend and the notary- no, personal assistant, with an eye roll, "They probably want to speak with him too. Get those things in order, and send the fax to our lawyer." Annabeth watched as Natalie worked for a few seconds before leaving the room where Pepper sat down to watch some TV. She was efficient and worked fast.

Maybe I was wrong about her, Annabeth thought as she opened the door for Tony's workshop. He was sitting in his red car talking to JARVIS.

"Tony... The interview will start in a couple minutes. You should be up there."

"I can't."

"Tony-"

"I'm trying to figure out who this Vanko guy is."

"You can do that later. We need you to help manage the situation."

"I can't," He spoke firmly, "You and Pep are the CEOs of Stark Industries now, they want to talk to you, not to me".

"You are still the owner. Your mess has a direct impact on us so you too need to give them an explanation," She spoke just as firmly.

"You saw what happened! I was attacked and I would never risk your life! It wasn't my fault," He raised his voice a little.