FORTY-SEVEN

" i'm a woman and i'd rather be beside or in front of a man. not behind him "

Chapter 47:

Just Doing Math

"Hey," Tony said, pushing her for a kiss as soon as Annabeth had left the car

"Hey," Tony said, pushing her for a kiss as soon as Annabeth had left the car. She was back from work and considering the fact that Peter had been in New York with the Parker's for almost five days, the genius billionaire was losing his mind.

"Hi," she greeted him, smiling into his kiss and letting her hand wander over his muscular chest. She'd missed him too.

"I had dinner ready," he admitted, his brown eyes joyful with pride as he let his hands rest on her waist.

"Really? That's a first."

"Hey!" he complained, pretending to be offended. It was easy as that now, falling back into old habits. Tony knew her just as well she knew him. Something about first loves...

The two of them walked together inside the house and as Annabeth ate her dinner, they talked about the recent events at the Stark Expo and the ceremony where Tony and Rhodes were honored. She told him about her day after he left the office and their business deals over the week. Pepper was the one handling most things now and Annabeth had been asked to report to the S.H.E.I.L.D. Headquarters in a few days. After the brunette left the hospitals in the hand of the best surgeons in America, she was restless to start helping people again and she could only hope that Nick Fury didn't make her sit behind a desk.

Once dinner was over, she sat on the sofa while Tony went to pour them some wine.

"I spent the day running tests on the reactor," he explained casually as he sat on the sofa next to her, "I can't believe that my father envisioned this in the '70s... It's just amazing!" Annabeth could tell that he was impressed and it was rare to see him talk like this about his father, with admiration, and without any resentment. Howard had not been the best father.

The doctor smiled at him and put herself closer to his body.

"What's the difference with the old one?"

"It's cleaner... and a hundred times more powerful."

He started to ramble about how he and JARVIS were stunned by the development of the new reactor, his father's idea, and other scientific things that she didn't quite understand. But Annabeth wasn't fully paying attention as her business alarm was on at Tony's description of the reactor. She was dying to find a project of her own as a co-CEO and help establish Stark Industries' new direction and image, away from the weapons manufacturing. Peper had already given tons of amazing ideas and really, this seemed to be just what Annabeth was looking for.

"Can we use this on a regular basis?" she asked, turning to look at him.

"What do you mean?" questioned Tony, confused.