TWENTY-NINE

" i would die but only for you "

Chapter 29:

When you don't know who you are

[ T O X I C I T Y   L E V E L : 39 % ]

'Oh my God! Is he driving that?'  That was her first thought.

Annabeth looked at the images in horror. 

I have to do something.

She looked around and then she saw Pepper pointing at Natalie a few feet away from her.

"Natalie!" she called the woman that came running as fast as she could. "Did you know about this?"

"No. I saw this just now," She answered. To both Annabeth and Pepper's horror, Tony was already in the car as the pilots were getting ready to race. "How can I help you?"

"Get me Happy," ordered Pepper and the red-head left the room as fast as she could to get the bodyguard.

The time couldn't run much slower and Annabeth watched as the pilots started the race. Tony was an excellent driver, no question about that but he was not an F1 racer!

What is he thinking? Those guys are professionals for God's sake! If he wanted to do something like that there's an amateur race where he could run.

Just when she thought that things couldn't get any worse as the pilots started the second lap, a lunatic stated to walk on the race track. She watched as he tore his clothes apart and revealed on his body a technology very similar to Tony's Arc Reactor.

He is after Tony, She thought knowing that he was there, unprotected and even if the man didn't manage to get him, he was causing an accident with random cars and Tony could end up being in the car crash. She had to do something to get Tony out of there. That's when Happy came into her view, showing her the suitcase of Tony's suit.

The girls didn't waste a second and ran with Happy for their car. Annabeth trusted Happy on the wheel and tried not to think about the cars that were passing by them as they invaded the racetrack. At that moment, as she sat shot gun, the only thing that Annabeth could think about was Tony. 

Protect Tony.

Give him the suit.

Get him out of there. 

Her own safety was temporarily forgotten.

Some part of Annabeth, the one that her mom would probably call a lunatic, liked the thrill- the rush of the air. That's how the bullet changed me, I guess, aside from the hidden panic attacks and all those, it made me like these reckless situations.