TWELVE

" I have died everyday waiting for you "

Chapter 12:

Come Find Me

Tony hadn't had time to grasp what had been happening for the past two days. He had been rescued, fussed over, warned and all of that.

But then, he was Anthony Stark— he was used to 'all of that'.

What he couldn't really get over was the fact that Yinsen died to save his life. The man always planned to die in the end. He wanted to make sure Tony found his family before he reached his own.

[Do you have a family? I used to but I am gonna get them back]

It was surreal.

And Annabeth...

Back when Tony had thought he was dead— back when he had absolutely no idea if he was going to survive, he always saw her, smiling at him... begging him to come back home.

She would sing to him sometimes— perhaps a lullaby but he couldn't hear her as the shrapnel in his chest grew closer to his heart.

The moment Tony realized that he wasn't dead yet, he made it his life mission to get back for her. She had already lost so much.

He had to get home for her.

He had to get home to her.

Now here he was, in Malibu with a sorry Rhodey and tearful Pepper whose mood had thankfully lightened over the minutes passing by.

"Where's— Where's Annabeth?" He hesitated in asking, not wishing to look too desperate.

Pepper and Rhodey smiled, both wishing that the two would just get over themselves and get back together.

"On her way," Pepper replied as she set up Tony's press conference that he for some reason insisted upon.

"Oh— on her way," Tony nodded, "From where exactly?"

Rhodey looked at him as if he was ready to just burst out laughing.

"From wherever she is, Tones," he replied instead.

Pepper broke— bursting into fits of laughter.

Tony frowned.