TWENTY-SEVEN

" co-comparison is killing me slowly "

Chapter 27:

She is not jealous

Early in the morning, Annabeth was up and having trouble to find what to wear for her first day. She decided for a clean yet very elegant pink set of skirt and blouse— you couldn't go wrong with that.

She went to see Tony, only to find him and Happy getting ready for their morning workout session.

"Hey! The new boss is here!" Spoke Tony, smiling charmingly at her. Annabeth smiled back at him.

"At least, two out of four of us will be getting rid of him," teased Happy only to be hit by Tony's boxing glove.

"What are you talking about? You love me!" Tony pouted as he pretended to be hurt by Happy's commentary.

"Yeah, let's go to the arena so I can show you all of my love," spoke Happy seriously only making Annabeth's smile grow. As the bodyguard entered the arena, Tony walked over to Annabeth still fixing his glove.

"Nervous?" he asked.

"A little, yeah."

He smiled and looked at her. "You gonna do great! Don't worry," He spoke in a low tone that suddenly made her legs feel like jelly.

"Thank you, Tony," they stared at each other for a while until Happy yelled for Tony.

"Come on, honey... I don't have all day!" Annabeth laughed while he frowned.

"I gave him too much liberty, right?" murmured the genius.

"Go. I have some work to do while we wait for the Notary."

Annabeth sat in the living room working on the last details for their trip to Italy, with Pepper. Stark Industries was releasing a new racecar; all three of them needed to be there tomorrow.

When JARVIS announced that the Notary finally arrived both the women went to the main entrance to welcome her.

"Good morning," Pepper welcomed her.

"Good morning. I'm Rushman, Natalie Rushman."

"Virginia Potts and that's Annabeth Carter. Are those the transfer papers?"

"Yes. Would you like to check them out?"

The two women sat in the living room while Pepper read the papers. Their legal department had already been over this, but Pepper being Pepper, always liked to give it a quick look before doing anything and then giving them to Annabeth thinking she will also read it.

Annabeth didn't.

"It seems that everything is in order. Can you please follow us? So Mr. Stark can sign it," Pepper got up pulling Annabeth also up while the notary was still organizing the papers and went to the training room.