TEN

" of all broken things I have seen- I am the most destroyed "

Chapter 10:

See you in my dreams

A HOME.

All of her nightmares began in a beautiful home— the kind she had always dreamt of.

It was a pretty place —gardens and all— and she would often imagine herself walking through the flowers but she never managed to get out. The closer she got to the door— the further away it would go.

And then there was a boy.

He couldn't be more than six or seven, with a bright smile sporting his face.

The little boy would run around and leaving the thoughts of the garden, Annabeth would follow him around the house instead.

But the more she ran around this little home, the more it started to look like her own house in Malibu where she grew up.

Sometimes she would open the door that stated— 'Annabeth's room' and see a young group of friends— one girl and two boys laughing in there.

She would leave, hoping to give the three some privacy but then she would realize that it was actually her, Tony and Rhodey.

When she would turn back— the door would disappear as if it had never even existed.

It probably didn't.

"Mom?" A voice would call out then, snapping Annabeth from her thoughts, turning her attention to the little boy.

He would stand still and Annabeth would take this time to notice his features.

He had brown eyes, very similar to Tony's  but his hair always looked like her own— a few shades lighter than how Tony's was.

With a start, Annabeth would realize it was Peter but that was usually when he would start to run away again.

"Peter? Peter!" she would call out in vain.

Then there would be a door she would reach at the end of the hall— always in red and gold.

As Annabeth would try her best to open the door, she would hear people talking and would conclude them to be Tony and Peter.