Still Don't Know My Name

Aurora's P.O.V.

Harry and I meet each other's eyes across the dinner table. His expression tells me all I need to know. He knows what has kept me up at nights this summer break.

He arrived only thirty minutes ago, and we have had little time to talk before dinner was ready. What we had time to talk about is the Dementors that attacked him today, the same way they did to me a few weeks ago. I can see he's very confused about everything from being shut out this summer, and my heart goes to him in guilt.

Though, I can sense he's not upset with me because we still in a way communicated, even if it wasn't in letters. We have communicated our feelings to one another; actually we've gotten so good at it we've been able to form a brief conversation from it. Most of our little conversations would be about Cedric and Voldemort.

"It seems your hearing in the Ministry is to be before the entire Wizengamot."

Arthur speaks up while reading a letter from the Ministry itself. Harry and I look away from each other to look at the Weasley father. Everyone is sitting at the long narrow dinner table with a plate half empty from eating.

I'm sitting between George and Fred near one end of the table. Ron, Ginny, Hermione and Harry sit across from us with Sirius is at the end of the table closest to us. Arthur and Remus sit beside one another on my side of the table while Molly is walking around us, cleaning up and setting more food on the table.

Only Molly and Mad-Eye Moody are standing; though Moody is standing by the fireplace behind Sirius. Moody has been eyeing me and Potter ever since we've sat down. There are a few other people from the Order sitting at the table, one of them being Remus's girlfriend.

"I don't understand." Harry speaks up to Arther in frustration. "What has the Ministry of Magic got against me?"

When Harry was attacked by the Dementors, he had used the Patronum charm to defend himself. However, he's underage and used magic in the presence of a muggle. Though, I've been reading the newspapers Sirius has secretly been giving me and know it's not just because of that.

"Show him." Moody speaks up in a raspy tone. "He'll find out soon enough."

I glance to Sirius and our eyes meet then, knowing Harry's not going to like it. Since I've been living in this house, Sirius has treated me differently from how most adults do. Most treat me like the troublemaker student I am, though Sirius has been treating me like family and as an adult.

I get the feeling it's because he has an ounce of belief that I could be Bellatrix's daughter. However, I feel he know's I'm hiding something and what I'm hiding is the reason Voldemort is looking for me. Turning to look at Harry, I see one member of the Order hand him a newspaper.

"He's been attacking Dumbledore as well."

Sirius blurts out as Harry reads the headline to the Newspaper. It's the newspaper that's calling Harry a liar and that Voldemort hasn't returned. The room's chatter gets quiet as Sirius continues to talk.

"Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet... To smear anyone who claims the dark lord has returned."

"Why?" Harry speaks up while glancing around the room. Remus tilts his head and answer in a knowing tone. "He thinks Dumbledore is after his job."

"But that's insane." Harry scoffs while dropping the newspaper onto the table. "No one in their right mind could believe that..."

"Exactly the point. Fudge isn't in his right mind. It's been twisted and warped by fear. Now, fear makes people do terrible things, Harry." Remus explains to him before letting out a breath and confessing. "The last time Voldemort gained power... He almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now he has returned, and I'm afraid the Minister will do almost anything to avoid facing that terrifying truth."