A Mother Always Knows

Ginny's P.O.V.

"I'm telling you, honey... It's not healthy."

"Darling, if we wanted to do something, we should have done something years ago."

"Well, I didn't think it was a problem back then."

Hearing my parents talking downstairs, I frown and slowly come down the stairs. I woke up to the smell of bacon, but I can tell it hasn't woken any of my brother yet. I give it five minutes and they'll be running down, fighting one another for it.

The last month of summer break is almost over, but the last month usually feels like the longest. Harry, Hermione and Aurora will come to stay with us before school starts. The sisters will come sooner than Harry, but as long as all three show up for summer break, me and my siblings will be happy.

"How is it a problem now, Molly? They're just kids having fun."

"Fred and George are 17 years old, for christ's sakes... And they are always talking about or with Aurora."

"I'm not understanding the problem. Odds are it's just a little crush."

My eyes go wide realizing what they're talking about and stop moving on when I get to the last step on the stairs. Peeking my head out, I find mom setting the table and my father reading the new paper with a plate of food in front of him.

"Exactly, Arthur." Molly declares while pointing a spechula at him. "Both Fred and George have a crush on her. It's going to end with problems for all three of them. I don't want something like a crush to ruin their friendship."

"So... So you're telling me..." My father begins chuckling while putting his newspaper down and turning to look at mom. "They are going to end up hating each other because they both have crushes on Aurora?" Shaking his head, he takes a bite of his eggs and points out. "Darling, Fred and George are closer than ever because of her. I don't think that will change just because they both like her."

"Well, why can't they have other girlfriends around the house." Mom sighs while putting more bacon on a plate. "They invite no one else to spend the summer with them. I never hear about other girls besides Hermione and she doesn't count."

"You're not even sure if they like her that way." Arthur blurts out while picking up his newspaper again. "They could just be purely best friends with one another... Has that ever occurred to you?"

"A mother always knows, dear." My mother defends seriously before sitting down to take a break from cooking. "... And I'm positive my Fred and George are wrapped around that girl's finger. Just like I know, Ginny has a crush on Harry-"

"Dad's right."

I speak up and walk out into the kitchen to make myself known. Truthfully, I know my mother's right, but after her last comment I don't want to give her the satisfaction. My mother's eyes go wide at the sight of me as my father smiles at me above his paper. When I go to sit down in a chair, I ask with an innocent tone.

"So when are everyone's crushes coming?"

"Harry will be in a few weeks." My father answers before looking at his watch and adding. "Hermione and Aurora should be here any time now." Turning to mom, my father points out in a teasing manner. "Would you like to share with us how you think Ron likes Hermione, too?"

"No." Molly shakes her head, embarrassed. "Forget I said anything."

Smiling, I glance at my father and he winks at me before looking back down at his paper. Making a plate of eggs and bacon, I try to hide my smirk. My father and mother might be suspicious about who me and my brothers are crushing over, but I'm the only one who actually knows.