Amelia

Fred's P.O.V.

"See you on the dance floor, love."

I mumble with a small smile, and Aurora meets my gaze. She smirks at me playfully before letting Cedric lead her into the ballroom. Watching her walk away with Cedric, I can't help but run my eyes over her body once more.

Her hair hangs down her back in beautiful curls and red ribbon. Her hair stops right above where her hips get wider. Aurora's is a sight for sore eyes and for a moment I wish my brother and I didn't agree to let Cedric take her to the Yule Ball.

Staring at her leaving me, I catch her glancing back at me as if to see if I'm still watching her. When our eyes meet, I wink at her, making her smile brighten. She turns her head then and faces where Cedric's guiding her.

I let out a sigh, knowing Cedric's a good guy for Aurora. Though, I get the sense my brother and I would be better. Honestly, who would be better for Aurora than us?

We know her through and through; no one knows her better that us, not even her sister. I know she's secretly a big scary cat but still has the craving to take risks. Aurora loves compliments even though she pretends to hate them.

She's smarter than half the school but doesn't show it. Her favorite thing to do is to experiment with things to make a prank and she hates the cold. Whenever she's mean, it's because she cares.

I'm not sure if Cedric knows all these little things, but I'm sure he'll catch on. Though, I kind of like it, that only my brother and I know these things about her. Out of the corner of my eye, I see George and my date walking towards us.

Making one last lingering look at Aurora, I turn around to my date and force a smile on my face.

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Don't tell me the great Aurora trickster is... Nervous."

I hear Cedric tease into my ear before squeezing my hand in comfort. Glancing up at him, I smile, knowing he can see my nervous jitters like a billboard sign. Cedric and I walk down the aisle with the rest of the Champions toward the dance floor.

Everyone's watching the four champions and their dates, but I try to ignore it by keeping my gaze at my destination. I don't have to look to know people are surprised by Hermione and my date; it's probably the last thing they saw coming. I'll never say it out loud, but I wouldn't be this uneasy if Fred and George were by my side.

Somehow, over the years, the twins have made me used to a dramatic entrance. However, only with them, which is why this champion entrance is giving my heartburn. Not being able to help myself, I glance around the room, searching for Fred and George.

Though, I can't find their ginger hair or lengthy bodies from how many people are here. My attention's suddenly drawn away from the crowd when Cedric turns me to face him as he slides a hand around my waist. Knowing the champion's dance is about to begin, I set my hand on his shoulder and meet his gaze from above.

When the music plays, all the champions lead their dates into the dance. I feel a little tense from feeling eyes on me and not knowing who's. After a moment Cedric pulls me closer reassuringly and others join on the floor. 

I suck in a breath, feeling his chest against mine, and he smiles lightly. Offering him a smile back, I realize this is the first time I'm dancing without Fred and George. Winking at me, Cedric then picks me up by the waist and spins us around. 

Letting out a giggle at Cedric's wide smile as he spins me, I finally feel my heart race go down and relax in the dance he's leading us. He watching me in the sweetest way and holding me like everything is going to be alright.