The Second Impossible Spell

Aurora's P.O.V.

It's been weeks since everyone found out Harry will have to compete in the Tournament. I've been practicing to control my magic with the Twins. They don't want me to crack another floor or overly yell over something happening during the challenges. So the three of us are in the forest alone teaching me while our little siblings are doing what they can to help Harry with the first challenge.

"Excellent." Fred calls out as he backs up a little more to give him and me some distance between one another. "Let's try another, shall we?"

Fred then waves encouragingly for me to try another spell his way. So far, I have gotten no spells completely right today. They were all overly strong in the wrong ways. The twins have been in the forest for over an hour practicing.

Some days I have control and some days not so much. Therefore, we keep practicing. I wave my wand while saying the "Alarte Ascendare" charm. Fred and I both go into the air. Which isn't supposed to happen to me, before falling to our backs with a hard thud.

"I... I don't think you're using Hermione's magic through your wand. You're not being direct enough." George speaks up while walking to me and helping me up from the ground. "You keep using her magic on yourself somehow... Try focusing more on the wand and less on making the spell strong. You shouldn't focus on how big you want the spell to be. You just want to focus on the direct place you want to do the spell on."

"What do you want me to do, exactly?"

"I'm not sure... You're getting Hermione's magic, but it's not going through your wand."

"Why don't you try being a window or door, perhaps? Let her magic flow through the door, but stay built like a doorway." Fred yells suggestively from yards away to give me some idea of what I should do. "Be steady... And balanced... If that makes sense."

"Okay... Let's try again. Fred." I yell, slightly discouraged that today just hasn't been my day. I watch him wipe dirt off his jeans from a distance before calling out. "You ready?"

"Bring it, darling."

I press my fingers more against the wand and focus on Fred and Fred alone. I calm my body while embedding my shoes in the dirt. While keeping my eyes on Freddie, I wave my wand with a flick while whispering a spell in my mind.

I can almost feel the spell inside me go from my chest to my elbow and into the tips of my fingers. The spell's cast and the feeling slowly leaves my body through my fingers and out of the wand. Fred's thrown up over the trees, hitting leaves before falling and hitting more.

He grabs a branch on his way down and lets go to land on his feet with ease. He glances at himself in surprise before at me in amazement while yelling. "Wicked. I've never seen someone thrown so high."

"I think I could actually feel Hermione's magic this time going through me..." I call out in excitement. "I- Let's try another!"

We try different spells to make sure Hermione's magic would only affect what I'm casting at. After a few more spells where I don't cause the spell indirectly onto myself, we all feel confident that I know how to direct Hermione's magic. I feel as if my blood's moving faster and my body's working more than usual, but I don't feel the exhaustion of it.

I feel like I just got out of bed. Every spell I've done so far has been more powerful than normal. They didn't know how to get me to hold back on my spells, but baby steps.

"I think that's good for today... We all should get going." Fred leans on a tree tiredly after being attacked by a bunch of leaf-formed birds and calls out to me while peering at his watch. "I'm getting pretty tired of being the target as well."