Oh, How Things Can Change

Remus Lupin's P.O.V.

"Welcome, everyone. Take a seat." I announce to the fourth-year students coming into the classroom as I write my name on the blackboard. "I'm Professor Remus Lupin."

I hear them chatter to one another and seats moving from behind me. It's my first day teaching this year of students. I'm nervous about teaching, but not in the way a normal professor would be. Turning around, I smile at the class and scanning the students while continuing to say.

"For are first lesson, I'd like to begin with..."

I feel the words caught in my throat at the sight of a student in the center of my class. She's sitting beside a Gryffindor watching me curiously. The feeling I've gone back in time crosses my mind as I stare at her.

Her dark curly hair surrounds her face with one hanging over her forehead. Her face has familiar sharp edges, and a defined smile. Yet, her eyes are different, but still familiar. The student looks just like Bellatrix Lestrange when she went to this school with me, besides her eyes and clothing.

Coughing awkwardly, I glance around and turn to write on the chalkboard today's subject. While writing, I can't help but shake my head and get the thoughts of the student out of my head. Once I'm finished, I turn back around and stumble to get out the words.

"Today... We'll be reviewing what a Boggart is and how to defend... From it..."

My words die on my tongue as a memory as old as time reveals itself to me. Staring at the familiar student, I abruptly remember what Bellatrix's Boggart was. When I went to this school as a student, we went through the same activity I'm teaching.

I feel my mind pull at the old memory as I remember what happened during that lesson. Everyone had ridiculous fears shown by the Boggart until it was Bellatrix's turn. Hers turned into a cloth-wrapped baby who was weeping and slowly dying.

The memory twists in my mind while watching younger version of Bellatrix's in front of me. Rubbing my forehead, I know I have to ask or my mind will speculate all class. Waving to the student, smiling embarrassedly, I ask in a light tone.

"I'm sorry, but I have to ask. What is your name, dear?"

"Aurora Granger."

"Aurora... Granger." Letting out a breath and relaxing from her last name. "Welcome. You must be Hermione's sister."

"Yes." She smiles and nods, but now watching me strangely from how I signaled her out. Laughing lightly, I point at her and lie to take the tension out of the room. "I had a feeling you were. You look just like her."

Glancing around the class, I find myself wanting to laugh at what I was thinking before. How could I even think of such a thing? Aurora's obviously not Bellatrix's daughter and for me to even have thought that is ridiculous. Shaking off my thoughts, I'm finally able to continue class how I planned.

"Why don't you all turn to page 52 and we'll do a few practice exercises."

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Come on, put me down!" I groan while flopping my legs around. "I don't want to go today!"

"You're going and that's final." Fred declares whole holding my legs still. Smacking his butt, I snap in frustration. "What are you, my bloody father?"

"Don't you mean your daddy?"

Angelina jokes in a teasing voice. I lift my head and glare at her just as Cedric nudges her to stop. I'm hanging over Fred's shoulder as he and George walk down a hall towards the front door to Hogwarts. Angelina, Cedric and Cho Chang follow behind us.