Oh, Please Do

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Sorry..." I mumble in sympathy while turning to meet Luna's eyes. "I haven't seen any of your shoes."

I'm walking out of the dining hall with Luna Lovegood at my side. We've just spent the last hour helping one another on assignments due this week. By helping, I mean she's been doing all my useless paperwork for Umbridge's non-magic class and I've been doing all her Muggle study homework.

I refuse to do Umbridge's bias paperwork and Luna doesn't have a clue about muggle things. So it works out for both of us; if we didn't have each other, we'd both be already failing those two classes. We're about to head to the library when she mentioned the shoes she's wearing are her last pair.

All her other shoes have gone missing, and she doesn't know where they went. Luna believes the Nargles are stealing them, but I don't have a clue what a Nargle is. I also won't be asking her what they are, so I don't sound like an idiot for not knowing.

"I'll keep an eye out for shoes, though." I offer in a lighthearted tone and shrugging my shoulders. "You can even borrow some of mine if you need to."

"Thanks, but I'd hate for your shoes to disappear too because of me." 

Luna points out in her usual faint high pitch tone as we continue to walk down the hall. Pulling out two lollipops from her bag, she then silently offers me one. Smiling at her, I take one and pull it out of the wrapper.

I'm about to put it in my mouth when I notice a crooked smirk on her lips. Luna has a glint in her eyes as she waits for me to put it in my mouth. Raising my eyebrow at her, my smile turns into a grin and I vaguely ask.

"This isn't what I think it is... Is it?"

"You'll be happy to hear it is." 

Luna announces softly while unwrapping her lollipop and putting into her mouth to suck. I chuckle at her response and shake my head in utter shock, but also in pride. The Lovegood family must have spent the summer finding another way to get high and created these lollipops.

 "You're just a bag of tricks, aren't you?" I tease while sniffing the lollipop to see if I can smell the devil's lettuce in it. Tilting her head innocently, Luna answers my question with one of her own. "Do the Weasley twins and you sell bags of tricks?"

Biting my bottom lip and giggling, I nod to her and wink, silently telling her if she ever wants one of my pranks to let me know. Turning the corner, we keep strolling through the halls toward the library. As we walk down the hall, two ginger boys appear in the same hall, running with broomsticks in their hands.

Grinning at the sight of them, I check the time on the wall and realize they're late for Quidditch practice. Watching them run towards us, Luna and I send each other an amused look. The four of us all reach one another in the hall and I speak up in a playful tone.

"Late for something? Hm?"

"Yup. We're late. Really late."

George agrees instantly before kissing my cheek quickly and walking past me. In the next second, Fred kisses me on the other side of the cheek and follows his brother. Glancing behind my shoulder at the boys running down the hall, I send them a toothy smile at their simple, quick affection.

"Good to see you again Loony- I mean Luna! Luna. Sorry!" Fred calls out to her with instant panic in his tone from knowing my soft spot for the Ravenclaw. The twins wave goodbye to us just as George yells at me. "We'll meet up with you later, Rora! Boy's bathroom, seven o'clock!"

"Okay." I speak up and wave at them as they reach the end of the hall. "Sounds good."

With that said, the Weasley twins are out of sight, making Luna and I turn back to face the way we're going. Finally, putting the lollipop in my mouth, I glance at Luna, who's now watching me in amusement. When I send her a bored look, she looks away from me and shrugs her shoulders, mumbling.