Girls Will be Girls

Aurora's P.O.V.

"We were in the library... I was reading a chapter for my-"

"Just skip to the good part!"

"Alright, alright." My sister blushes while glancing down at her mug with a smile. "He closely came up to my desk-"

"... And?"

"... And he asked me in such a low voice I almost didn't hear him." Hermione bites her bottom lip before telling us. "He asked if I would be his date to the Yule ball and set a rose on top of my book."

Ginny squeals lightly at the romantic gesture before taking a sip of her drink. I smirk at my sister while shaking my head. The three of us are sitting in a booth together at the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade.

When Hermione confessed that Victor Crum asked her to the ball, Ginny wanted to know the entire story. I suspected Crum was interested in Hermione, but I honestly didn't think she liked him back. I thought she only had eyes for Ron, but this is not the first time I've been mistaken about my little sister.

"I can't believe Victor Crum asked you!" Ginny giggles while thinking about what Hermione just said. "Of course he'd ask you in your natural habitat."

"Oh, shush." Hermione whacks her shoulder lightly before asking. "Where did Neville ask you?"

"In Gryffindor's headquarters, of course." Ginny sends us a look before bursting out laughing and explaining. "He looked so nervous I thought he was about to faint!"

Hermione and I giggle at the thought of Neville asking her to the ball. I can think of no one better than Neville to be panicking when asking out a girl. Winking at Ginny, I sip my drink and point out smugly.

"Tell him not to bring his plant."

"Oh, I already did." Ginny grins, making both me and Hermione laugh louder. When our laughs get quieter, Ginny questions curiously. "Has one of my brothers asked you yet?"

"No... Actually."

I mumble in surprise that neither one hasn't yet. The twins at the moment are with Cedric working out in the indoor training room at Hogwarts. Which is why they're not with me now. I'm not a big fan of working out my muscles or sweating, for that matter.

"They'll probably ask soon in a friendly way." I blurt out loud and shrug my shoulders. "They probably won't give me a flower or be nervous like Neville."

"Well, they need to hurry..." Hermione speaks up honestly while finishing her drink. "I've heard a few guys are wanting to take you to the ball."

"Really?" I frown. It never accrued to me other classmates would ask me to the ball. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I've heard that too." Ginny comments while setting down her mug. "... But, a girl from my year says they're nervous to ask because of Fred and George."

"Well, that's great." I roll my eyes at the situation I'm in. "Maybe I should just ask and get it over with."

"Who will you ask, though?" Hermione gives me a look. "Fred or George?"

"I... I don't know." I think out loud, frowning. "I've never thought of picking one before."

"Well, you got time. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll both just ask you." Ginny sighs before checking a clock on the wall and blurting out in surprise at the time. "We better get to the boutique for your dresses."

~Gladrags Wizardwear~

"Okay... What about this one?"

"Absolutely not." Ginny scrunches her face while looking at the dress I'm holding up. "You are not wearing a black dress to the Yule ball. Wait for a funeral and then you can wear it."