We Never Do, Princess

Fred's P.O.V.

"Here you go, kid." I mumble with a soft smile to the first-year student. "Have fun and don't get caught."

"Thanks, George." The boy speaks up with a giddy look on his face. Tilting my head and shrugging my shoulders, I point out teasingly. "It's Fred, but I'll let it go this time."

"O-Oh..."

Murmuring nervously, the student peers up at me in worry that next time I actually won't let it go. We're in the hall between passing periods and a kid from Ravenclaw that I've never seen before asked for Dung bombs. Luckily, I had some in my bag already from planning on using them on Argus Filch, but a profit at the moment is better than pranking an easy target like Mr. Filch.

"I'm kidding." I snort when the boy is still staring at me anxiously. "Now, go on before anyone sees you with them."

The first-year nods quickly before walking away from me down the hall. Smirking as I watch the boy basically run down the hall, I turn my head and find the lovely duchess coming down the halls. I raise a curious eyebrow at the sight of her; if she's not with me or George, she's usually with Ginny, Hermione or Harry.

Though she's all alone walking down the hall while reading a book in her hands. She has on her school uniform on and her dark brown wavy hair falls around her face as she reads and walks. Aurora is as pretty as they come and for a moment I thank her parents for the good genes; whoever her parents are.

Bitting my bottom lip, I hold back a smirk and think how unusual it is to see her alone. I'm so used to seeing her by my side or my brothers; staring at her right now feels out of a dream or different reality. Which is now making me wonder where George is, since he's not with me or our girl.

"I think you're missing a ginger on your left and right, darling." 

I speak up then, making her look up from her book. When our eyes meet, Rora's lips curl up and she lilts her head in amusement. Closing her book, Aurora skips to me and says with a devilish grin.

"Don't you mean grey, Freddie?"

Shaking my head at her, I hold back my grin from her little dig at my fake ginger hair. When she reaches me in the hall, I wrap an arm around her shoulders as one of her hands grabs my vest. Peering up at me, Rora bites her bottom lip before whispering to me.

"You haven't had been a real ginger hair for a year now."

"Shush, now." I say, overly dramatic, while pulling her closer to my chest with my arm. Leaning my head down, I let my lips brush her ear as I point out teasingly. "You promised you'd take that secret to the grave."

"Only if you behave." She jokes with her smile getting wider, as if she knows that's impossible for me. My mouth drops open playfully at her words and I blurt out. "Now, love... That's not going to happen. I don't even think you know how to behave."

"I behaved before I met you and George."

She points out honestly before fiddling with the end of my sweater unconsciously. Chuckle down at her; I stare at her in simple admiration as I recall the day I met her. Aurora was just a short little girl with frizzy dark drown hair back then, but she had the same a gaze in her eyes that my brother and I wear.

"Sorry." I then whisper softy, not sorry at all. Resting a hand on her hip, I say casually, with a glint in my eye. "George and I should have never showed you how the big boys play... But it's too late now!"

"Fred!"

Aurora shrieks as I suddenly tickle her side intensely, making her drop the book in her hand. She tries shoving me away, but my arm around her shoulder keeps her put right in front of me. Pushing at my chest, giggling, Rora leans back from me and almost falls back.