Grangers Will Be Grangers

Aurora's P.O.V

"Aurora, my dear." 

Professor McGonagall speaks up frantically across the hall. I'm rushing down the hall when I halt from hearing her voice. I turn my head and I find her staring at me with an unusual expression I can't read. She's walking quickly toward me as she waves for me to come to her.

"You must come with me."

"But the game's about to start..." 

I blurt out as I check the time. While Fred and George got ready and went early for a team meeting, I was finishing up some last-minute assignments. They're already at the stadium and I'm just now leaving the castle. 

I know I'll be hearing about it later. Fred and George always give me a hard time when I'm not there with them before the game starts. I wouldn't even be in this situation if they let me do my assignments last night like I originally planned.

"We have cancelled the game." My Professor informs while reaching my side and resting a hand on my shoulder. "There is something you must see."

Frowning at her tone, I follow her down the hall and begin hearing people enter the castle. Odds are they were all at the stadium and are back now from the game being cancelled. But how could they even cancel a game? 

As we turn the corner, McGonagall guides me to the hospital bay and I slow my pace. Glancing up at her, I find her concerned expression with eyes on the doors. Turning back to look at the doors, my heart races. When we reach the doors, McGonagall opens them for us and I enter first.

Instantly, I find Ron and Harry standing in front of Hermione. Harry's in his quidditch uniform staring down at her. Ron's beside him with his jaw jammed shut with his eyes on her.

Getting a better look at my sister, I realize she's stiff a board on a medical bed. Sprinting to the bed, Hermione in a standing position with her eyes open. Yet, she's not blinking. Touching the side of her pale cheek, I whisper.

"What happened?"

"She was found in the library." McGonagall answers while coming up beside Harry, Ron and I. Harry picks up a small mirror and shows it to me, asking. "She was holding this... Do you know why?"

Glancing at the mirror, I face back down at my little sister and shake my head. Her face expression looks like something surprised her. Her body's cold and skin is grey, almost. Turning to McGonagall, I ask, feeling my voice break.

"Is... Is she going to be okay?"

"They're working on an antidote as we speak." She nods while glance down to Hermione. "In time, she will be."

Turning to view my little sister again, I try to stay calm. First it was Flinch's cat, then a first-year student, even a ghost, and now Hermione. Something in the school is paralyzing people in the school. 

My mind goes to what Fred and George said a few months ago. They swore we didn't open the Chamber of Secrets, but I was there. I saw the shadow of the Basilisk; I saw the tail. How could we have not opened it by accident?

~Gryffindor's common room~

"Could I have your attention, please... Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect in fact immediately." Professor McGonagall announce while unrolling the parchment in her hand. "All students will return to their house common rooms by six o'clock every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions." 

Every Gryffindor student is here, listening to her in complete silence. I had just told Fred and George about my sister when our Professor walked in. They're standing on either side of me by the boy's staircase.